Avithos Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Astra Village Hotel & Suites(Svoronata)(Great Value!)
$77
  • Pool
Irinna Hotel(Svoronata)
  • Breakfast included
Agoda.com
All reviewssuperior studiohis teamfamily studiopool barbeautifully kept gardensnothing is too much troubleminute walkcar hirekept spotlesssofa bedavithos previewbeautiful islandlocal beachesmezzanine floornext yearhis brotherexploring the island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just returned from our first visit to Kefalonia, a perfect 2 week break at the Avithos Resort. Kristina, Nikos and his brother (Vasily hope I\'ve spelt correctly) are a wonderful team and were always ready with a smile and advice and tips on the best beaches/restaurants to be found on your travels, and offering a lift if required. All of the staff are superb, the rooms are kept immaculately clean, and the gardens which are so well tended to, are a dream perfectly framing the magnificent pool area and snack bar, where Angela made a wonderful Greek baguette (my husband has craved them since). Car hire was made incredibly simple and exploring the island was a dream come true all the magnificent beaches of which our favourites were Pessada, Antisamos and Myrtos (blown away by the view) and Ai Helis, however we have left some to explore on a return visit which I hope will be next year. Thoroughly enjoyed eating at Esperides, Dum Spiro, the Akropolis (and popped into Crazy Georges for enormous glasses of wine) and the restaurants at the Avithos beach. We also managed to catch the turtles in Argostoli and strolled around the shops enjoying coffee in the cosmopolitan square. We drove up to the national park for amazing views of the whole island and stopped off at the Robolo winery (a necessity you understand). My favourite spot was Assos, so pretty, will return just to spend more time there, my husband\'s favourite spot was Fiscardo and my daughter enjoyed the tiny coves at Pessada, the water is beautiful to swim in.. When we left on 30 June it was the usual mad panic at the end of term and I\'m delighted to say we returned home totally chilled and relaxed and suitably bronzed and eager to return again very soon. Thank you to everyone at Avithos for making our stay with you so memorable and enjoyable :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Suzanne G
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I've never felt inclined to write a review before but Nikos and his team deserve to be recognised.
I stayed here from 11th July for originally one week with a friend. Surrounded by stunning scenery and pure luxury I couldn't bear to leave so did a Shirley Valentine and stayed an extra week on my own!
I have never stayed anywhere like this: it truly feels like a home from home.
The place is an absolute haven and cannot wait to return.
Jeanette. (11th - 25th July 2013)

Room Tip: I chose a ground floor room. The gardens are stunning and you have the option to move in or out of the shade.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank jeanettep235
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Where should I start to describe my recent holiday at Avithos Resort.

You arrive and you are welcomed as if you go and see your own family.

The stuff is the friendliest I have ever encountered in any hotel I have been so far. Nikos will take care of everything and help you with whatever you need, from restaurant taxi or trip bookings to picking you personally up from the beach and shops if you wish.

The resort is kept in a perfect state, everything is so well maintained and clean.

The rooms are very spacious and have everything you need for your vacation.

The best thing me and my fiancee agreed on is certainly the pool, it is just amazing, always perfectly clean and always at the right temperature.

Breakfast is served until late so you can sleep as long as you want and still enjoy all the fresh fruits an juices even if you got out of bed a bit later.

I think the only thing they could improve is the Wifi around the property, but I am sure Nikos is already working on it as he is aware of every single detail.

I would recommend this property to everyone I know in search for a nice relaxing holiday with perfect service.

Thanks again for having us, we had a amazing time

Roman & Erika

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Roman H
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We have stayed here three times now and absolutely love it. It's like coming home. Nikos and Christina and all the staff make you feel so welcome and nothing is too much trouble. As soon as we step off the plane we relax knowing everything has been well organised and the hire car is waiting for us and we can't wait to get to the resort! Looking forward to coming back again soon. Thank you all.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue3758
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My 23yr old daughter and I stayed for a week at the beginning of July at the fabulous Avithos Resort. We chose the accommodation after reading the great reviews on TA and believe me, they are all true! I had emailed Nikos in advance after reading about him on the site and he kindly organised for someone to collect us from the airport and bring us to the Avithos. Really quick transfer, about ten minutes [but you will not hear an aircraft there!]. The Hotel itself is spotless, stylish and contemporary, lounge is air-conditioned and cool. The pool area is well laid out with a super pool bar which has a good selection of drinks and bar snacks. The breakfast room leads out onto the terrace by the pool so you can choose to have your breakfast either inside or out. Buffet style, the choice is super including hot cooked breakfast if that is your preference.. We cannot fault the team at the hotel. Nikos and his brother Vasillis were available to assist when required, and as I had decided not to drive on this trip, they were more than happy to run us to the mini market, beach or taverna if we wished [although they were all withing walking distance]. Most people do seem to hire a car if they stay in Svoronata, as it is a rural location, with about 6 or 7 good tavernas close by. If you are looking for buzzy night life and bars, then this is not the place for you. Quiet, tranquil and yet with all amenities, I really cannot fault this place. What my daughter referred to as 'proper Greece'. There are three beaches within 10-15 minutes walk. Our favourite was a walk through the olive grove to the right of the hotel, and then left at the wood shack until you reach the steps down to the beach. We stayed in an upstairs superior studio and had many a pleasant evening sitting on our balcony underneath the starlit sky with a glass of the local vino! The studio was spacious with air conditioning. The kitchenette is well supplied should you wish to buy supplies from the mini market and cook for yourself. We chose to eat out each night and really found all the local tavernas to be good. Our particular favourite was the Esperides which is closest to the hotel and sits in an Orange Grove. Great grill house, you get a free ice cream with your bill! Costas who runs it with his cousin is a great guy to get chatting to and will recommend some good choices. Wine there is pretty good to - and only a short stagger back! Fois restaurant has live music on a Saturday night and both tavernas down at Avithos Beach have great authentic Greek food. If you are going down to the beach in the evening and are not driving, I would recommend asking Nikos or one of his team to drop you off and pick you up - its pretty dark on the road as it is so rural, although it is perfectly safe - just take a torch if you fancy the walk! Oh and I forgot to mention the superb Kristina on reception. Friendly and helpful, she organised our taxis with 'Mr. George' when we had a trip into Argostoli. In conclusion, this is a perfect base if you are exploring the island, and a faultless place to stay if you want a quiet, relaxing and beautiful holiday, - we will most certainly be back!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are really well appointed, but we had an upstairs corner room facing the mountain and it was fab!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family