Avithos Resort
Astra Village Hotel & Suites(Svoronata)(Great Value!)
$82
  • Breakfast included
Studios Erietta(Cephalonia)
TripAdvisor
Priceline
All reviewssuperior studiohis teamfamily studiopool barbeautifully kept gardensnothing is too much troubleminute walkcar hirekept spotlesssofa bedavithos previewbeautiful islandlocal beachesmezzanine floornext yearhis brotherexploring the island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2012

A friend and I stayed at the Avithos Resort for a week in July and had a great time. We found the staff (particularly Nikos) to be extremely helpful and, though most days we went to the nearby Avithos beach, the pool area was well laid-out and always very clean. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. Whilst the resort staff were happy to ferry us to nearby locations including Lassi, it's advisable to hire a car/motorbike to get the most out of the area. Though the resort is probably best-suited to families, we were looking for somewhere to unwind and Avithos fitted the bill. I returned to rainy London refreshed and relaxed!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michael B
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed a couple of nights at the resort on our way to the north of the island. The staff met us at the airport and helped transport our pile of suitcases to the hotel. The hotel comprises a number of villas in landscaped gardens around a pool and bar area. The villas are very well appointed and beautifully designed. We lazed around the large swimming pool and enjoyed lunch snacks at the poolside bar - not a huge choice of food but perfectly adequate if you intended to eat somewhere else in the evening, which we did at a couple of the numerous nearby restaurants.
The staff organised the transfer of all our luggage to a the villas they own at Assos - without their help the transfer would have been impossible.
The one minus point I would make is that the air -conditioning in the villa could not cope with the heat. The electricity (and therefor the air conditioning) switched off when you leave the villa, and if you spend the day by the pool, the villa is so hot when you return you can never get the temperature down. The first night we sweltered, the second night we just opened all the windows and enjoyed a more comfortable nught.
The hotel staff could not be more helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Old_Acc
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The Avithos Resort lies a short distance from Avithos Beach near the villages of Svoronata, Ntomata and Kaligata - themselves in the foothills of Kefalonia's mountains which provide an impressive backdrop of scenery to complement the Hotel's beautiful pool and bar. It is far enough from the rather sleepy airport that even the few commercial flights that operate barely make any impression as you soak up the sunshine and enjoy your poolside drinks. The welcome at the hotel from the receptionist and the hotel owner/manager was warm and enthusiastic. The air conditioned room we were allocated close to the pool had a small terrace at the rear, a kitchen incorporated into the entrance area and an en-suite shower room. The room was cleaned daily and was in good repair. The hotel seems to employ a full-time gardener/maintenance man who keeps the gardens and the pools looking beautiful at all times. Breakfast options include fried eggs, bacon, frankfurter sausages, omelette, pastries, brioche, tea, coffee, fruit juices, cereal and milk. Poolside food includes toasted sandwiches and burgers but I recommend the mixed salads. There are tavernas and beaches within walking distance but, to properly enjoy the island from this location, a car is essential. It should be said that the owner and the receptionist demonstrated exceptional enthusiasm to overcome the transport issue by providing free lifts to nearby beaches and tavernas...a service that well exceeded my expectations and those of many other guests at the hotel.

In summary, this hotel is a rather exceptional place to stay. It is very well suited to young families whose children will love the pool while their parents will love the informal atmosphere that is truly enhanced by the also exceptional management team and staff. Special mentions go to Nicos Kokolis (a man with a vision), Eva and Christina (the reception team), the girls at the bar and a special thank you to the member of staff who cleaned room 113 from 22 Jul until 31 Jul 2012!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Simon F
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I decided to come to this hotel based on the reviews I have seen here. I know know that I did the right thing. The place is good and the rooms are fine. There are a number of places that can offer these. However, what I found unique was the excellent customer service that is very rare in Greece. I truly recommend this place. I just need to point out that you need a car here. There is nothing around in walking distance.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dimitris2011
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I find that I am repeating what everyone else has said, but I really cannot fault the Avithos Resort. We stayed there for the last 2 week in June, with our 1 year old little boy and were made to feel very welcome. Nikos could not have been more helpful and the staff were friendly at all times. The rooms were spotless as were the grounds (we had a garden room complete with tortoise outside the front door) and the pool is the jewel in the Avithos crown. I cannot recommend this resort enough!

Room Tip: The corner garden rooms have greater outside space.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family