We have just got back from 10 days at the Astra Village and it really is perfect.
The location is slightly elevated from the coast so there are amazing views of the sea and surrounding countryside, with the only sounds from the balcony being the goats in the evening and the cockerels in the morning, oh and the odd plane but that's graet fun and not a disruption at all. The hotel is spotlessly clean with a maid service everyday. There is also a fridge, safe and air conditioning, all at no extra cost-often an expensive extra . Also we had little extras like washing up liquid, tea towels and jay cloths in the kitchen area, not that very much washing up went on, but it was handy for washing up the wine glasses!! Often on other holidays we have had to go to the local shop to buy all of that sort of stuff. Also there was pump soap in the bathroom and small bottles of shampoo etc. The photos on the web site are a little out of date, it is even better than the pictures show with white sofas to lounge around on round the pool for drinking wine and reading books, which we did most days.!! The staff even change the covers on the cushions nearly every day , amazing.The food, well where do I start! The lunches you need to experience. Not expensive, huge portions and all freshly prepared. Enjoy the greek platter with a litre of house white, bliss. We ate in the evening for about 20/25 euros , starters, main course and wine.There is a little mini market next door where you can stock up on water, crisps etc, - - say hello to Anna, wonderful smile and so friendly. Opposite the hotel is a car hire place - -130 euros for a small car for 4 days. and there are about 4/5 tavernas all within walking distance of the hotel.
We didn't quite believe all the other amazing reviews that have been written about this hotel before we arrived but now understand what it's all about. One of the best holidays we have ever had, thank you to everyone at the Astra Village Hotel. We will be back again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Astra Village Hotel Suites & Spa extends over 20 acres of green land on a gently sloping hillside stretching along a sunset-facing sandy beach, overlooking the sparkling Ionian Sea.Everything composes an unforgettable picture. Aesthetically perfect premises, breathtaking nature, warm and kindhearted people with a tradition of excellence in service are dedicated to your well being. So, whether your idea of the "perfect holiday" is relaxing on the beach to the rhythm of gentle waves, enjoying the stunning view from your pool parasol or exploring the delightful island of KEFALONIA, Astra Village Hotel is the place for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Astra Village Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astra Village Hotel Svoronata
- Astra Village Hotel And Suites
- Astra Village Cephalonia