“Family run taverna is just OK”
Review of Fois

Fois
Ranked #8 of 18 Restaurants in Svoronata
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night
Description: In the village of Svoronata, Family run restaurant, on the small road to Ag. Helis Beach
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We visited with my family a week ago for lunch. The outside seating area is under a large pergola, which gives excellent protection from the August sun. The owner took our order, he looked tired and a bit "heavy" as we say in Greek. The food came on time and our orders were as expected. I had the meat pie which is the island specialty. The food was acceptable but nothing special. Not bad but nothing memorable either. So if you are hungry and happen to be at Svoronata, you might as well eat there, but there is no reason to seek it out either.

2  Thank GXenos

Reviewed August 14, 2012

No atmosphere , No Greeting , people sat at tables with no food,
No Steak !!!!! No Way. Moody waitress when they bothered to eventually speak to us, we left in disgust .

1  Thank gath
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I have seen the reviews and I visited the taverna today, however I did not have fish as most commented here that it is great. I had meat. I did not find the portions big, they were average to small I would say. The meat was good and tasty, and lean over all, however, I pay attention to small details that makes a difference. The mushrooms in the sauce were canned mushrooms. Every restaurant that want to have at least a decent status uses fresh mushrooms. Using canned mushrooms is a disgrace!

2  Thank Dimitris2011
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Lovely family run taverna. Best food locally in Svoronata (close to Olive Grove Studios). Seabass was to die for, Also tried Beef Stifado, Meatballs, Cheese Pies, Spicy Prawns and Greek Salad. All top notch. Rose and white wine cheap and tasty. Defo worth seeking this one out if you're staying locally.

1  Thank SteadyNeddy1070
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This taverna is always the first we head to on our visits to Kefalonia as we know we will not be disappointed.The food is always delicious ,our only problem being what to choose from the menu.This taverna is family run with the children, who we have seen growing up over years now of an age to help.Also they speak impeccable English and are a credit to their parents.A selection of homegrown vegetables come with the meals and the portions are large with fresh fruit served "gratis" for afters.The local cats are not a problem ,if you are not a cat lover,simply shoo them away if they come near your table.....as the taverna is open air there is really nothing the owners can do about them.Remember though if there weren't cats around then the rodent population would be overrun, so they have their uses.You will not be disappointed if you decide to eat here and guaranteed you will want to return.