“Worst holiday ever!!”

Erietta Apartments and Studios-Kefalonia
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Svoronata
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have just returned from these lovely appts and would advise travellers never to stay there. I went alone having booked holiday a week before with A1 travel (don't go there either!!) as a retreat after a relationship breakdown. When I arrived on the first night the owner of the studios made me feel very uncomfortable by hassling me and basically coming onto me. There appeared to be nobody else staying in the appts. and after rebuking Makis I was given rude treatment throughout my two weeks. I went away hopefully to see Kefalonia and meet some nice people. The problem was, nobody stayed there or if they did only to get a flight the next day, and where it was situated you could have been anywhere as all I had was a letchery old man in the appts, a beach 30 mins uphill walk to and one taverna that did not do greek food. The bar at the studio was closed by 8 every night as in Makis' words 'no people' but the few greeks, italians that were there were put off by sitting with him in his extension! INSIDE! so he had no custom. The few people I met could not wait to get away from there. In addition to this man's!!! rudeness his father had just died so he was in mourning. I sympathised with him the first night I was there, which made him think he had a chance!!, but I was on holiday and having paid 900 pounds for this, I did expect some holiday atmosphere. Makis was rude to several people whilst I was there - it was too much of a problem to ask for a drink at the bar!! He was either not there or he was sleeping. I was charged 60 pounds transfer for a 2 minute trip each way from airport, told the beach was 10 minutes away (thanks A1 travel - beware of them!!) AND arrived in a road that led from the airport where you need a car to get anywhere!!! The rooms were basic but not cleaned. Towels and bags and bins emptied every other day but nothing else cleaned by sister who thought nothing of coming in at 9.30 and starting to potter around whilst you were still in the room. This place should be shut down - all in all a TOTAL DISASTER AS IS MAKIS!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Jacqui R

Reviewed July 12, 2011

Stayed here last month with my boyfriend and must say I am surprised by the negative reviews- we had a wonderful time and found the staff very friendly indeed. Good value for money and I'd recommend it to any other couples that want a bit of sun and sea and a break from the changeable UK summer but on a budget.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank loobyloo2011
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We had to keep one of the rooms for some extra hours to take a shower before going home(30 euro extra) I asked him for clean towels, because we only got clean towels ones! He rudely asked me " Why do you need clan towels?! You going to move today!! if I give you clean ones I will not have clean ones for the new guests!!!!!"...we got new ones just because his sister got afraid,because she heard us speak to the travel agency.
There were much more time he made us feel unwanted an stupid, but it´s to much to write!
The rooms seems clean, but they are not! There is a lot of dust everywhere, poor peoples with allergy! His sister is running around, it`s looks like she is cleaning a lot, but she´s not!
We don´t recommend this place at all!!! AT ALL!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010
8  Thank aga_trojanowska
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We stayed in Erietta for 1 week, 5 persons in 3 rooms and need to warn others!!! The owner is a VERY rude guy! Should not work with peoples at all! All the rules he has! The way he speaks to you it`s like you were stupid!
We have to keep one of the rooms for some extra hours to take a shower before going home (30 euro extra) I asked him for clean towels, because we only got clean towels ones! He rudely asked me " Why do you need clan towels?! You going to move today!! if I give you clean ones I will not have clean ones for the new guests!!!!!" We got new ones just because his sister got afraid, because she heard us speak to the travel agency.
There were much more time he made us feel unwanted and stupid, but it´s to much to write!
We don´t recommend this place at all!!! AT ALL!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Strange atmosphere on this hotel. The host Makis is not guest friendly, and have many rules for everything on his hotel. We did not feel welcome at all!!
The pool area is good, but Makis watches your every move. And it is quite uncomfortable!
We were out of the hotel most of the time, and we did not sit in the pool bar!

The location is not the best. About 5 km into town. You have to rent a car or take a taxi (12 euro each way)

The hotel is cheap, but spend a bit more money and book a hotel in the nearby town of Lassi, and have a much nicer holiday!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mrjesperth
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Read the various reviews beforehand, but had a very good value deal on these rooms which should be about 40-50 euros a night. You can walk from the small airport a slight incline but only 200 metres on the right. There is a minimum charge for 10 euros for an airport taxi. The apartment was clean, had a sea view, a fridge, kettle and two ring hob. The pool was excellent for such a small place, large, warm and clean. Plenty of sunloungers and peaceful. If you want to be based where you have a beach in easy walking distance, lots of tavernas and shops, or if you have children and want them to have other children for company, this isn't for you. But if you want easy and pleasant transfers, and use it as a base for exploring the island, it is good value. You can get drinks and a few different snacks from Makis, and Ithacas is about 100m away and does a reasonable range of food and drink (go there after you've checked your luggage in and wait for your plane to land). You will need a car or you could use taxis which are plentiful. Found great beaches at Lourdata, Avithos and Spartia (which doesn't have loungers but does have a couple of tavernas and plenty of shady places if you need a break from the sun).

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Welshtraveller005
Reviewed June 13, 2010

We took a last minute deal, paid for transfer when we were only three minutes walk away. On arrival our rooms were not ready so we were happy to wait, shortly after we were soon told various rules which was fine. 30 mins walk to nearest beach so we hired a car for the last four days so we could get out and about which was great. Lovely clean pool on site but the problem was the owner. He made advances to my friend, our 16 year old daughters were not allowed to play ball in the pool despite being the only ones in it. He didn't like children or anyone enjoying themselves, he didin't like us going to the shop to get water as he sold it but at a dearer rate, he always straightened the sunbeds up as soon as you moved, he didn't like noise or splashing in fact he didn't like anyone at all apart from his male friends who were always hanging around and made the girls feel very uncomfortable when they had to walk them. Even the man who ran the little shop up the road thought he was odd and he was related to him!! In the end he didn't speak to us and we didn't speak to him. It got so bad we went out all day and again in the evening so we didn't have to speak to him. Not exactly a good way to encourage people to stay at your apartments. The plus side was that Kefalonia is a beautiful island
and in general people were very nice and heplful, I would definetly go again but not to stay anywhere near Makis and his apartments.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends