Puerto Del Sol Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Islandia Hotel(Alaminos City)
  • Pool
Paiko Resort(La Union Province)
Hotel Consuelo(Lingayen)
View Hotel
Sunset Bay Beach Resort(La Union Province)
View Hotel
All reviewsmansion villalow tideinfinity poolland tourbreakfast buffeti highly recommend this resortfriendly and accommodating staffbody massagebahay kubopatar beachtwo thumbsoverlooking the beachbreak waternice poollong travelsecurity staffbeach resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 17, 2011

This was a snap decision to travel to Pangasinan and see the 100 Islands National Park in Philippines. We always look up places in Trip Advisor for a reference point before we book, but could not find anything appropriate near the islands and decided to stay at this hotel.

Looking up the reviews, we were expecting the worst. When we arrived, at around mid morning, we were pleasantly surprised by the well kept grounds, the swimming pool, and the rooms. We were shown the three options by the front desk lady and decided to take up a Casita, as we were two couples and a child. The Casita had two adjacent rooms and one bathroom, and was right next to their gate to the beach. It had a sit out area with a large dinning table, which was great for meals in the comfort of your Casita, served by the restaurant.

The resort personnel were pleasant and made efforts to please you in all ways they could. Having read other reviews stating otherwise, I feel there has been some positive change. The resort manager was new, six weeks into his new job, and was accepting of the feedback we had - mainly to do with the strict timing for everything that you wanted to do, from the billiards table to the dinner in their seaside restaurant - as well as the lack of empowerment of the hotel staff to take decisions and be flexible to please the odd guest request.

The restaurant manager was great, and he got the chef to ask us how we wanted our meals prepared - being Indian, they took care in making our food extra spicy - eye watering spicy at times :)

Two other things you should be mindful of - the tap water is salty and smells a bit like horse salt, and the beach recedes well into the tide breaker during low tide, leaving a dirty looking, dead coral filled sandy patch after around 4pm everyday. It looks amazing during the morning hours though. The pool was the best bit of the resort and had the best temperature possible for swimming.

Overall, I wouldn't say this resort is as bad as some of the reviews - but I wouldn't go back either. Their de-salivation plant definitely needs fixing before I even consider.

Room Tip: If a group of four or more, take the Casitas.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank PodaPoda
Reviewed May 23, 2011

My family and I went to Puerto del Sol last weekend. Overall experience was 3/5. I told myself to make a review when I get back to Manila. Here are the things I've noticed during my stay at Puerto Del Sol. First, the WIFI Zone in all rooms - yes this is true but the wifi is NOT free -- MISLEADING. I even asked the Receptionist when we arrived "Ma'am can I have the wifi password?" Receptionist: "Hindi po sya free, pero may 1 hour complimentary" Me: Why'd you have to put that wifi zone in your website?" Receptionist blurted out "Ay Ma'am hindi po nakalagay dun FREE" So I said to myself "onga naman." Sheeesh. Second, they check all your baggage the moment you unload bags from the vehicle - I felt like we were on some International Airport. They do this because they wouldn't allow softdrinks in can inside the Resort. Boo! Third, the main purpose of not allowing food and drinks is because they sell Softdrinks in Can for 55 pesos plus VAT. Geeez! Lastly, breakfast buffet is horrible! Why not serve Pangasinan's native food like danggit, dilis and the likes instead of serving Local Argentina corned beef?

Beach was so-so, sand was fine, but you couldn't swim in the beach. Good thing the Pool is awesome plus the Jacuzzi. Rooms were a-ok. They look better in the website.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank youdontknowmhie
Reviewed May 17, 2011

For the price you pay for the place, I was expecting a bit more... By 10PM everything is closed in the resort and there was no 24 hour room service, the place charge corkage if you bring your own items of drinks or food but are unavailable when you need them (?!).

There's a couple of restaurants within the compound but they share the one menu for the whole day and several items were not available on the list. The bar was not open or available at all for drinks.

Glad I got to experience the place but most likely will not go back...

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank Blasphemie-Noir
Reviewed April 26, 2011

The place has improved quite a lot since we were there last year. Service is at par with the five star hotels in Manila. Personnel are very friendly and courteous now and they greet all guests with a smile whenever and wherever you meet them. Food at the restaurant, too, has improved quite a lot. They are tastier and they have bigger servings now.
The place is very beautiful with many varieties of lovely local flowers which were in full bloom when we were there. I commend the security for hotel guests --- you never have to worry about your safety inside the hotel premises and out in the beach area.
I'm definitely going back there again and again!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
11  Thank tinpao
Reviewed January 18, 2011

One of the first things I look into when choosing an accommodation is the bathroom. We stayed in Mansion Villa, a deluxe room, and my GOD the bathroom is just awesome as a spa room. Upon entering our room, flowers in the bed, bathroom, toiletries, and other part of the room will give the romantic aura in you.. The bed is really comfortable. Staffs are really accommodating.
MUST TRY:
- Eat at their restaurant and try their Crema Catalana!!
- Avail their Bolinao Land Tour and explore Bolinao at its best!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends