The Ship
$98
$130
$102
$90
Brook Meadow Hotel(Childer Thornton)
$72
  • Restaurant
$72
$45
Travelodge
All reviewsdee estuarylord nelsonwelsh hillsgastro pubnorth walesfish and chipsbooked a tablepiesunday lunchfour posterfull english breakfastsingle roomlovely foodcooked to perfectioncomfortable roomsbreakfast was excellentcooked breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Called in on spec yesterday, after staying the night in Liverpool with my other half. First thing we noticed were all the tables with reservations on them... so book if you want a table. Thankfully there was a table free and I can only say how fantastic the lunch we had there was. Absolutely delicious. The staff were great, nothing too much trouble and very, very attentive and polite. A credit to the establishment they are. Anyway, just had to share how wonderful lunch was and that I am already planning to head over to parkgate and the ship hotel for my birthday meal next month.. (I will be booking a table right by the open fire lol)

2  Thank janeandgary1972
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Only a one night stay but found the hotel warm and welcoming and in a great part of Cheshire. I was on a flying visit and arranged a meal that evening for my brother and good friends from the past, the meal was superb and the service was first class the beer's where good so what more could you would hope for; they made me feel special.
Breakfast was again a delight, everything you could want and more: again service was given with a smile, nothing was too much trouble. The bonus is the very reasonable cost
compared to some premier places. I was very lucky to find this gem.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Les C
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed the night here 18/1/13 - great place, lovely staff, fabulous food in the popular and cosy restaurant. Accommodation comfortable and clean with tv, tea coffee etc. Highly recommend and lots to see and do in the area. Take your bikes, some great riding! Thank you Ship Hotel!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We've been to eat several times, lunch time and evening and been very happy on each occasion. My mother rates the fish & chips as the best on Wirral. Good food, nice atmosphere and windows overlooking the estuary.

After a recent disappointing experience at the Sheldrake it's good to find a welcoming and unpretentious eatery we feel we can rely on.

And thanks to whoever shines up the copper piping in the Gents, making this necessary facility so attractive.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Saronno
Reviewed January 17, 2013

After experiencing a rather un-reportable stay during our last visit, something we knew was totally out of character for The Ship .. my wife & I enjoyed another great stay at the hotel once again, with the hotel Manager more than apologetic for the disruption caused.
It is an ideal base for us to visit our Family who live about 15 minutes away, the rooms, the food, the bar & the Staff are right up our street! .. so I am pleased to be able to report yet another happy stay was experienced.

My only complaint was that the bar ran out of Brimstage Scarecrow ale whilst we were there!

We look forward to our next visit there in 6-8 weeks time .. all positive from us!

Room Tip: A room with a view over the marshes is a must!