“couldnt find one fault!!!!!!!!”
Review of The Lugger Inn

The Lugger Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Chickerell B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights in the disabled room with my disabled husband who found the room and the b&b its self very easy to move around in his wheel chair. The room was spotlessly clean as was the wet room. The food was exellent and the staff were extreamly friendly and made no trouble of helping us whenever we needed it. Very surprised by some of the reviews i have read above as i stayed in the same room and found no fault what so ever in the cleanliness of the room. So if youh are looking for a b&b with a friendly atmosphere, lovely freshly cooked food and a good night sleep, go to the Lugger inn!!
We've had a very pleasent stay and have already booked with them for another trip. Thank you very much to the land lady and all the staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Went for dinner whilst staying at the nearby Moonfleet Hotel (qv my review), but the food was quite disappointing. The chicken and mushroom pie was just about acceptable but it was accompanied by a huge quantity of vegetables which had hardly been cooked at all. The cauliflower was so large it was almost a smallish whole cauliflower. Carrots were very hard, not even 'al dente' style.
My wifes scampi was marginally better, but I really wont be going back nor can I recommend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I can't complain about the room or the Sunday carvey which was very good. However the service needs to be addressed. Service for breakfast was extremly slow, waited 20mins to be served, and 40mins for the food! ...only one staff working and really couldn't understand why (when the hotel is full) they didn't put on a buffet type help-yourself breakfast - the facilites are there (as we used them for the sunday carvery)???

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed in the disabled room, it was mouldy all around the tiles was filthy and didn't look as if it had been cleaned for months. I saw a COCKROACH!!! at the back of the toilet!!!!
When I complained the manager he told me they don't have cockroaches in Chickerill!
When I told them I was intending to report the matter to environmental health they didn't seem at all bothered - Just don't care sort of attitude all round. Observed during breakfast food being taken from one plate to another by a waitress as food orders were incorrect. Our orders came missing items too.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank GHG2013
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed for one night on our way to Devon room was nice but the wet room was mouldy not nice, hated having a shower in there and couldn't brush my teeth felt grubby. Staff were friendly, lovely pub down the road to eat. Breakfast was good plenty to eat.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank hayward20
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We visited in a small mixed group of adults and young children on a Sunday evening. We had booked, were shown directly to our table and were each given a menu whilst our drinks order was taken. The adults among us choose the carvery, choice of three meets, well cooked veg and Crisp roast potatoes. The children each had a pasta dish, which would of feed an adult easily.

We left happy and full at a sensible price.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank georgedubi
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We visited on a week night. The service was poor. The staff were uninterested. I asked to move tables due to noise, but was refused event though there were plenty of tables available.
The food was slow coming out. When it arrived the pizza was burnt, the beef pie had hardly any beef and the chips were too greasy. We left most of this meal. Needless to say we won't be repeating this. I want to say something positive, there are some good reviews for this place, but I just can't think of anything.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank molly3015
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chickerell
Best Western Weymouth Hotel Rembrandt
#6 of 22 in Weymouth
B+B Weymouth
B+B Weymouth
#28 of 166 in Weymouth

Been to The Lugger Inn? Share your experiences!