“Great breakfast after doing Taupo Enduro”
Review of soul food

soul food
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Taihape
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stopped off here after I'd completed the Taupo Enduro 320km cycle event the day before. I was so tired after the Eunduro, I feel asleep before eating anything so I was ravenous the following day.

The place has a real personal, family feel to it have the breakfast was magnificent. Large, well presented with a good choice of ingredients.

Service was a teeny bit slow but the place was buzzing and the lime shake was awesome. Soul food owners - well done guys a great little place you should be proud of yourselves.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

If you're travelling through Taihape, you've got to try the Soul Food cafe/restaurant. The food is wonderful and the servings generous, the staff are friendly, courteous and super-efficient and the service is second to none. Twelve cooked breakfasts served in record time, all came out at the same time, and still hot. If you're a chocoholic, order one of their hot chocolates. A week's worth of chocolate fix in one delicious mugful! I hope they somehow see this post. They well deserve the accolade. Thanks guys!

Norma

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Taihape is about right for a dinner stop if you leave Wellington after work heading north - which for us Is mostly skiing. The place gets our repeat business. We mostly go for the really simple things on the menu. The fish burgers are only $5 and come out pretty quickly. The bowls of fries are huge. We want somewhere fast to stop which isn't super expensive and isn't KFC. We tend to avoid the more proper meals because they take longer. I like how the place is obviously run by locals. They sell some art. They're friendly. This brings its own charm. The counter selection for lunch is appealing.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

I stopped on a Sunday morning for coffe and a bun. The mini date loaf was stale and I do not know about the coffee as it never arrived before I had to leave.

1  Thank airbus0320
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Since there isn't much option between Rotorua and Wellington, this is a great place to stop as it is right near the half-way mark. Very cool laid back atmosphere. Very creative array of sandwiches and breakfasts. Our sandwiches were delicious.