“cute little family italian restaurant”

Al Centro Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #6 of 14 Restaurants in Taihape
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Delicious and well priced, their steaks are just amazing!
Description: Delicious and well priced, their steaks are just amazing!
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Staff and food were great! I loved the Mushroom/Tomatoes & Chicken Crepes. Spagetti Bolanaise. 10/10 seafood platter was also a hit.

1  Thank Kloe W

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Food and prompt service were very good although we noted this restaurant is up for sale this could change things.

2  Thank Peter and Mary G
Reviewed October 27, 2013

reached Taihape in the evening and found this gem. great steak and fantastic grilled mushrooms! totally worth it. Service was a little slow but still responsive. The owner was friendly and helpful with our questionsand we had a little chat as well.
I forgot about my bag and left it behind in the restaurant but the owner was really thoughtful and sent it to me by courier. kudos! they kept it in case I came back and it was a really nice gesture as my camera charger was inside the bag. My vacation would have been ruined if not for them.

1  Thank sheesh87
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by the staff at the coachman hotel. Great food and good service. A very cosy atmosphere and the steak was cooked to perfection.

1  Thank roon T
Reviewed June 6, 2013

And that is why we went there. Very friendly service and beautifully cooked tender steaks. The salad was a bit boring but still a great meal. Delicious Irish Coffee to finish. Thanks!

1  Thank Karenza P