“Value for money”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Value for money”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

What a lovely place, lots to see for the kids and we all loved it. You can see how well looked after all these animals are with all their space and entertainment provided for them to play. Very informative and would highly reccomend.

Visited October 2013
DevonPeacock, Owner at Axe Valley Wildlife Park, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your review we are glad you all had a great time. There are lots of improvements being made to the park over the winter months so hopefully you will come back and see us again and let us know what you think :-)

Exeter, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Place”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

First visited three years ago payed another visit today and wow so much more there.
A wonderful collection of animals and birds, and work still in progress on more new enclosures.
Would highly recommend a visit.

Visited October 2013
DevonPeacock, Owner at Axe Valley Wildlife Park, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
thank you for your feedback, we are looking to do a lot of further improvements over this winter period so hopefully you can return before 3 years this time and see our lovely improved park next spring :-)
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not just for children”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I visited alone and as a 50 something i found it a good experience. on a fine October weekday I had it to myself except for the staff who I found were friendly without being intrusive. There was lots to look at and I spent a little over two hours roaming as well as enjoying one of the delicious cakes. I would have appreciated a seat or two in the paddock area so i could watch the wallabys and other animals. I will certainly go back next time I am in the area.

Visited October 2013
DevonPeacock, Owner at Axe Valley Wildlife Park, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
hello and thank you for your feedback we are glad you enjoyed the park and will take your comments on board. There is a lot of work going on over the winter months to improve the park therefore next time you visit hopefully it will be even better :-)
Honiton, United Kingdom
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“An excellent wildlife park located in the Devon countryside”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have a keen interest in wildlife and conservation; and this wildlife park is located close to my home town. Since 2010 I have visited this wildlife park a number of times and it has been interesting to watch how it has grown and changed. One of the major changes has got have come when they were granted a full zoo license which meant they were able to have larger and more exotic animals in their care. At the current time they have lots of species ranging from native species, farm animals to small monkeys and larger species such as zebras. In my opinion one of the most interesting species they have at moment are the ring-tailed coatis which currently have four babies.

Visited October 2013
DevonPeacock, Owner at Axe Valley Wildlife Park, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thanks you so much for your feedback/comments this is very important to us. As you said there are many changes happening at Axe Valley as we are constantly striving to improve the park for our visitors. Our aim over the next few months is to increase awareness of our park to local people so spread the word :-)
Chard, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Had Some Concerns”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I visited today with my daughter. This was the first visit in over 2 years, and it has expanded in that time to include a whole field full of additional animals. Overall there is a lot to see here but I do have concerns over the birds of prey, including a harris hawk and several different species of owl, which aren't flown: that makes for an extremely miserable life for them, bordering on cruelty. When I last came I asked whether there would be any displays, or even would they just be flown, and I was told that that was indeed the plan for the future. This was 2 years ago. I asked the same question today and funnily enough, I was given the same reponse.
On a different note, the cafe has 4 stars of of 5 for the Food Hygiene rating. This is not very impressive, bearing in mind that a score of less than 3 stars would cause the cafe to be shut down, and even Wetherspoons have 5 stars!
I might pop back in the future to see if the birds of prey are receiving better treatment.

Visited October 2013
DevonPeacock, Owner at Axe Valley Wildlife Park, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
We appreciate your feedback but as these birds have never been flown it is not something that can happen as a matter of course. I am unsure who you spoke to when you visited and am sorry you were given incorrect information, if you visit again it may be better that you ask to speak to us (the owners of the park) if you have concerns . All our animals and birds are checked by the vet regularly and are all fit, healthy and well cared for. Birds of prey are generally lazy and will only fly to hunt. With regards to the cafe we were given our rating in 2011 when we had only very recently opened therefore could not achieve a 5 star rating we are due to be reassessed in the next few weeks and again I would hope that if you purchased food or drink that you did not feel was up to standard or you were not happy with our hygiene standards then approach us at the time of your visit to enable us to resolve any problems.