“LITTLE HIDDEN TREASURE”

Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Axminster
More attraction details
Owner description: A wildlife park set in the East Devon countryside
Reviewed October 19, 2012

A fantastic little animal park, wide variety of animals, lovely clean enclosures and happy animals. Nice cafe and facilities. Ideal for young families as you can get very close to the animals. Will definitely visit again. Very good value for money.

5  Thank mariefireworks

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Was a little worried after seeing the cheap entrance fee but was pleasantly surprised. The park does have some open paddocks but the rest is almost a maze of paths with the exhibits all around. My 4 yr old loved the "whats up this path feel. Some enclosures seem a little small but there is plenty of improvements going on and all the animals and birds literally looked bright eyed and bushy tailed! Staff very polite and helpful, Quite good coffee and defiantly child friendly. I would say I think it really needs to be a dry day to visit. My only complaint (if you can call it that) is I would have liked a gift shop with local and conservation things for sale but that would take up maybe too much space.

5  Thank Rebecca W
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is an amazing place to visit...with so many different animals it will keep you and your kids happy all day.

1  Thank RacoonTim
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stopped in whilst driving home from Devon and I was really supprised at the amount of animals there. For £6 per adult I was expecting not much and it just went on and on. There was also some nice facilities. Would go again and the meerkats were very cute indeed. Thanks for a great visit.

2  Thank Sophie6814
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had a very enjoyable visit to this attraction last week.My wife uses a mobility scooter and apart from one small hump back bridge (which we were warned about) everything was very accessable.We found the owners and staff very friendly and helpfull.The layout of the park was good and easy to follow all the enclosures were well kept, and all the animals were in excellent condition.I would recommend this park to anybody young or old, if you do visit be sure to take a camera with you because the photographic opportunities are excellent. The only two things that stopped my overall score being excellent rather than very good was perhaps slightly more range of food in the cafe ie sandwiches The other thing was a lack of adequate road signs, which I believe is down to a over zealous county council. Definitely a 9/10 for the Axe Valley Park, we will defiinitely return to for a second visit

4  Thank Snaps303