“Great food and service.”

River Cottage Canteen
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Axminster
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
London, United Kingdom
“Great food and service.”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We visited River Cottage mid-week and were greatly impressed. Although it was a Wednesday it was still busy and we can understand why.

The canteen is well decorated with non-matching chairs and tables giving it a rustic feel which matches nicely with the food. Everything was locally sourced and was excellently cooked. The service was attentive and friendly.

Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Breakfast at River Cottage”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Well...this is something not to missed if you are Axminster, lovely bistro type effect surroundings fantastic Deli on site, we had breakfast & coffee, mine a full breakfast, my wife, a bacon sandwich..both were fantastic ...nice friendly warm welcoming staff, this is how to get it right! ..Well done.
(Why can't it be like this all the time!!!!)

Lymington, United Kingdom
“Just so nice”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We were wandering around Aminster ,and seeking a place to get some refreshment, and as soon as we saw the 'River Cottage' name, it was a must to go in and try it out. I am so pleased that we did. A surprisingly large restaurant in a small town, where there are no shortage of good eating places, and despite its size, pretty busy. It was our intention to only have coffee and drinks, but the cakes and food looked so appealing it was impossible not to try some of it out. Simply delicious. We didn't eat a full meal here as it was a bit too early for that, but I would love to return and try it out for dinner, I bet it's scrumptious. I looked at the deli whilst there and the pies in particular were just too good to not buy one. It tasted every bit as good as it looked. A great place to eat if ever you go to Axminster.

London, United Kingdom
“Yum”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Sunday Roast at this restaurant is great fun and very filling. Despite having gone in thinking I would have a very light lunch I ended up having starter, main and desert. All the food was delicious - as you would expect I suppose - and the service was helpful and quick without being intrusive. I like the idea of 'never ending potatoes and veg' but the main star was the roast itself. Lots of drinks options - and my partner loved her red wine. I would certainly recommend this restaurant if you are in Axeminster or in the surrounding areas.

1 Thank GandCtripper
“AMAZING”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Myself and my husband are huge river cottage fans and were so excited to be going for dinner in the first canteen and boy let me tell you it didn't disappoint.
From the warm and inviting welcome to the beautiful decor the amazing staff and the food oh my the food!! Every mouth full got more and more delicious! The freshness and flavour was just Devine.
It truely was one of the nicest and most enjoyable evenings we have had while out for dinner.
The meal was worth every penny and we will definitely be making another visit when we are back in the uk.