“Road biking in Lefkas”
Review of Get Active

Get Active
Ranked #3 of 28 Outdoor Activities in Nidri
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided biking and hiking trips on the mountainous island of Lefkas! Our MTB tours are for all levels of fitness and skill, from gentle trips through olive groves to high energy MTB rides through the hidden tracks and trails on the island! -Family rides 1.5 hours 20€ (FREE for children when using a trailer bike. -Beginner taster rides 2 hours 20€. -Intermediate rides 3 hours 25€. -Advanced rides 3.5 hours from 30€. -Extreme rides 5 hours from 35€. -Day trips to Meganissi 35€. Option to upgrade to a full suspension bike! Our weekly hikes are for those wishing to get out and explore the wilder side of the island. Hikers must have a good level of fitness as our hikes are on ancient footpaths up the mountains where the views are our rewards! From 20€ per person. We also have road bikes for rent - from 20€ a day. Quiet roads and plenty of hill climbs makes for a great road biking destination!
Reviewed June 27, 2016

Spent a great week road biking in Lefkas. Lucy and Simon (x2) were really helpful arranging the bike and dropping it off at our villa (Simon helpfully fitted my quick release pedals which I'd brought over). Lefkas is great for road biking, both round the island and particularly the hilly interior. Plenty of shops and tavernas to pop into en route. All in all a great trip and fantastic service from the team at Get Active.

GetActiveLefkas, Owner at Get Active, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review that really highlights how Lefkas is such a great road biking destination. This is our second year offering road bike rental and it is going from strength to strength thanks to people like you who are helping to spread the word that this is a great island for it. Hope to see you in 2017!

All reviews
"an excellent guide"
in 4 reviews
"enjoy nature"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 3 reviews
"extra bonus"
"awesome week"
"beautiful countryside"

Reviewed June 16, 2016

Thank you Get active crew Simon and Lucy. Everything went smoothly. The intermediate ride was very great. Very nice single trails and of course some hard climbing. Our guide Simon was very friendly and he always told us what is ahead.
i had a blast! Hope to see you next year!

GetActiveLefkas, Owner at Get Active, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2016

Thank you for writing us this review, Simon had a great time riding with you also... next time... advanced!

Reviewed June 16, 2016 via mobile

We booked two rides during our stay. The family ride for my wife and 4 yo son, which they both absolutely loved, and an intermediate ride (Paleokatouna Drops) for me. I had never done any off road riding before but found the excellent advice I was given enabled me to thoroughly enjoy my self. Both the owners (Simon & Simon) were fantastic and Simon's wife's home made ginger cookies were a very welcome mid ride boost.

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review, it was great to meet you all and we hope to see you again!

We <3 active families like you!

Reviewed June 13, 2016

Thanks for Lucy and Simon for great ride and friendly service in Lefkas. This is highly recommended if you are mountain biker. I went an intermediate ride and it was really great! In ride landscapes and views are awesome! Simon knows Lefkas trails like his own pockets.

Splendid!

Thank you for this great review! We are thrilled you enjoyed the trails as much as we do! We hope to see you again...

See more reviews
Reviewed June 4, 2016 via mobile

As a beginner at mountain biking I went for an intermediate ride and I absolutely loved it! Simon was a brilliant instructor with tips on riding positions as well as making sure what to expect from descents.

Trails went through villages and olive groves, and the scenery was beautiful. Also, there was quite a bit variation which made the ride enjoyable.

I liked it so much that I went for an advanced ride a couple days later. That was even better with tougher climbs and longer descents - and better views!

The bike was perfect and I could even borrow spd pedals so I didn't have to bring those with me (that was discussed beforehand while making the reservation through email). The only thing that was a bit different from what I'm used to was the English style brake levers with rear brake on the left side - had to think consciously on this while descending.

Highly recommended if you are in Lefkas and like mountain biking!

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your Get Active experience with the world! We hope you see you again!