“Very good business for the money you pay”
Review of Apartments George

Apartments George
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Nidri
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“Very good business for the money you pay”
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned today from George hotel and must say it was a great experience: very nice staff, clean room, large pool, tasty food.
The only downside are the mosquitos, but this does not really depend on the hotel. We bought an plug in repellent and got read of the problem.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FlaviaBucerzan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Firstly, Maria must have been having a bad day because she was not friendly at all when I arrived. She sat in her office. On the phone she sounded amazing and helpful but once I arrived she was not very interested.

The beds are very comfortable. The balcony area is great, it gets nice sun and you can wash your own clothes and then hang them up on the rails as no clothes dryer is available and washing is too expensive.

The room has a good size fridge, great bathroom area and safe etc.

The room however has a mosquito problem and we got bitten quite a bit. I am happy to post photos of our bites If that is something that people would like to see. We used a spray for night but had to sleep with the balcony shut and air conditioner on as it was very very hot and humid outside hence mosquito.. poor wifi unless you sit near pool area

I really must say that the hotel is quiet cause its in a little street about 100 metres walk from the main street.

I would recommend this hotel If you can get a good price for it. 3 stars.

The staff are friendly, the pool area is very big and relaxing. Good quality reclining pool chairs and lovely

Room Tip: If you hate stairs, ask for a ground level apartment with pool view. no elevators.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Maria and her staff is absolut world class. I have never experienced this kind of service. So if you looking for great staff that will do what it takes to satisfy their costumers choose this hotel. Great food at nice apartments. The suit is top class! Thank u Maria for making our vecation the best

Room Tip: The suit! i recommend the suit oust side the hotell
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2014

accom ex very clean all the staff very helpful hope to visit again soon the boat trips are excellent plenty of bars on the front al lvery good one of my favourites the barrel bar restuarant

Bernie bamber bridge lancs

Room Tip: iwas on 3rd floor at the back v/good
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank bmgtaylor
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed at the George from 29th June to 6th July 2014 and had the most amazing time. I really dont know where other people's negative reviews have come from, each to there own i guess. We arrived in a large party for my wedding. 25 of us in total. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left we were looked after and made to feel welcome. Yes the breakfast is a continental but no different from anywhere else you go. Maria and her team are ready to make anything for you at small charge, the Bacon and Eggs are worth paying for...
The pictures on the website and the travellers pictures really do not do this place justice at all! It was my only concern going to Lefkada but the hotel exceeded my expectations in every way! For adults and children it is suitable for everyone, the Greek night is a must, Woopaaaa!!!! The pizza's are also amazing!! A real must for anyone wanting somewhere central but quiet to stay. If you go, say hello to Maria for me :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Natdarat
Lancashire, uk
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is classed as a 3 star hotel, so this is why I have rated it 3 stars, as I agree.

Returned to Lefkas to see if the resort had changed and decided to give the George a try. The resort has changed immensely and is a lot busier and a lot more touristy than how we remember it.

Here are the pros and cons of the George hotel. our point of view :)

Pros
Set back from the main strip (5 min walk up a street) so tucked away and less noisy than being on the sea front with all the bars and road traffic. (However see cons)

Large clean room (we got room 254)

Nice pool and bar area

Nice sunbed area on the grass with umbrellas

Daily room clean (bedding changed every 3 days)

Lovely and friendly staff and also the little hotel dog was very friendly :)

Nice and quite around the pool during the day - sun trap :)

Cons

***The Thomas Cook bus does not drop you off at the hotel****
It drops you off at the end of the road where it meets the Main Street. This was fine for us, as we are both fit and young-ish( 30s) but trying to drag your suitcases/bags along a small narrow (and busy with cars/mopeds) street, for a 5 minute walk in 30 degree heat is not very thoughtful of Thomas Cook. I would be very cautious booking this hotel if you are elderly, unsteady walking with all your bags or disabled as there is No help to get you to the front of the hotel. ( I am not sure if this could be arranged for you however, so I would enquire if I were you)

If your room is facing the mountains, the noise of dogs barking is 24/7 - NON STOP!
However the views are lovely if you can stand the constant barking noise. (We absolutely love dogs, but trying to go to sleep, and being woken up (even with doors shut) is a tad frustrating when your on holiday.

If you get a pool side room, then the ground floor rooms are not very private as the complex is very cosy, but you will get a nice view overlooking the pool and the bar.

Breakfast - very basic (one cereal - cornflakes) croissants, jam, Madeira cake, feta and tomatoes, boiled eggs, cheese and ham slices and bread. This is the choice everyday, so you will be happy if you don't mind a basic breakfast. (There is no toaster though! So I thought this was strange).

Air conditioning - €49 for the week

Safety deposit box €extra, I think it was €15 extra for 1 week.

Wifi is not free. It's €10 per week.
The signal is not very good if your room is facing the mountains, however it is very good around the pool area.

Summary
All in all, it is a lovely little hotel. We are used to stating in Greek basic hotels so everything was fine for us and we had nothing to complain about. The only thing we would grumble about is the barking noise all the time, but this is no fault of the George hotel, and we would rather have had a mountain view with noise than the less private pool side room.
Thanks for a lovely holiday x

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank liabell
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I have been staying seven days in this beautiful hotel, it is really wonderful hotel, very clean and excellent service, beautiful view from room, nice summer bar and restaurant. This family run hotel owner Maria is lovely friendly and hospitable person, staffs are very kind and lovely. My holiday was perfect to staying in this hotel. I will come back again here.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Ripon77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nidri
Avra Beach Hotel
Porto Galini Seaside Resort & Spa
Grand Nefeli
Grand Nefeli
#4 of 12 in Vasiliki

Been to Apartments George? Share your experiences!