“Great Hotel and Perfect Service”
Review of Apartments George

Apartments George
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Nidri
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had a great time in George and really disappointed to see few negative comments about George. During our 10 years in Greece we visited many islands and stayed over 50 hotels. But nothing compare to George. I have seen they try their best for each and every customer. This is a family run hotel and has very good attention for each guest. The room I stayed was lovely and I saw more rooms for next year which were all nice, excellent clean and beautiful view. Swimming pool is big enough, clean and plenty of nice sun beds. Very good breakfast. I will definitely say George restaurant quality is the top and very reasonable price. Pool bar has excellent environment with relax music. We had a lot of fun with people from different countries. Nidri is beautiful place and has good entertainment. I will say to others.... If you choose George just pack your stuff and move with a big smile....you will never be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David A

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Just back from George after a 2 weeks vacation. Weather was very good, every day sunny. Excellent hotel, very green and beautiful. Lots of trees around and fresh air. My small daughter of 2 year enjoied a lot. Hotel has very good children pool and play garden which is very comfortable for kids. We stayed a room next to the suite which has very good big bulcony with nice sun beds. Room was very bright and sunny. Breakfast was not boring at all, as they change the cooked food daily, everything fresh cooked but mostly my daughter enjoyed the home made donats. We had most of our dinner and lunch at george which has very good value of food and the best quality. Staff was very friendy and kind. It was very cheer stay in George. Many thanks to all of you and see you in next May.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sara J
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have just returned from a weeks holiday to lovely Nidri during which we stayed at the George Hotel. The reviews on Trip advisor had filled us with hope for a lovely hotel.

On arrival we were offered to opportunity to upgrade, which we decided to take as we were travelling with a young baby and having an apartment suited our needs much more. My father negotiated the fee for the upgrade and my mother returned to pay. The member of staff at reception inflated the fee by 35 euros as he was aware that my mother had not been privy the the negotiations. On confronting reception on this there was a "it was worth a try" attitude.

Our room had a lovely large south facing balcony on which there were two broken sun loungers. I asked if we could have these fixed or switched for some unbroken ones. I was given the response of "ohh can't possibly/ I don't think so!". We did eventually get one unbroken sun lounger in addition to the two broken ones.

The general upkeep of the hotel was poor. The grass was overgrown and hedges unkempt. The pool area was lovely and clean in essence but the seating cushions were ripped and foam exposed. Our room was spacious but generally out dated and rather sad. The cleaning staff did an excellent job.

We chose the George as it had a bar and restaurant which would suit our needs with a young child. However, the prices were vastly inflated compared to everywhere else in Nidri. As a result, it was permanently empty. Breakfast was very poor, the coffee undrinkable and orange juice dreadful and as a result we darn't try lunch or dinner!

To use the pool on our last day (19:30 flight) there was an additional 40 euro fee. To use a shower was an additional 40 euro fee. (A lovely owner of a beach front bar allowed us to use one of their rooms and shower for free).

The George Hotel was very disappointing. We could have seen past the poor upkeep and dated rooms if the customer service had been good. The foundations for a great hotel which makes it a real shame as good customer service is so easy to get right!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lucy J
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I visited George hotel in August for two weeks. It was a fantastic vacation. The location of the hotel is excellent, we find everything in walking distance. Nidri beach is very nice. The room we stay was excellent with very nice mountain view, nice balcony and very good clean. Breakfast was variety of choices buffet. Special dinner menu was cooked freshly and many congratulation to chef for the delicious food. Pool area was very nice and clean, Very good atmosphere at the bar with relax music. The overall stay of George was excellent. Many thanks to Maria and her team for being a nice. We miss you and definitely come back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John29711
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I spent two weeks holiday with my family and children in George hotel. It was really a nice stay. Very nice pool and out environment. Rooms are excellent and very clean. We enjoied a lot in the pool bar every evening. We had couple of dinner and food was really the best in the island. Staff were very friendly. Thank you very much to all of you for a great stay and definately see you in next summer.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alex C
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The people there are trying their best to please you, but I wouldnt say that they are as friendly as many others describe. About the Hotel now. Although the Hotel is a bit old, it has a very nice pool and a beautiful dining area. Breakfast was average, but dinner was nice. The guy who is taking care of the dinner is great and very good at his job. Rooms are clean and with A/C but with an old and small bathroom that needs a renovation. The Hotel has its own private parking that we did use and it was free of charge. The Hotel is very close (100 meters ) from the main road of Nydri but still in a very quiet area. From there you will need about 45-50 minutes to get to Porto Katsiki and Egremnoi, and less than 25 minutes for Kathisma. We visited George Aparthotel from 23-25 August 2012 and payed 85€ per night with Breakfast and Dinner for me, my wife, my son (8years old) and my daughter (4years old). Not bad...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stefanos F
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We spent 5 days in Lefkada.The hotel was situated 50 meters from the main road, and 150 meters from the habour.Next to everything. The rooms at the back are not so nice as the ones facing the pool, but are bigger and quieter.Room No 301 has a smelly mouldy closet. On our third day a water pipe broke and the smell was unbearable. They changed out room immediately to one facing the pool.It was nicer but noisier.The pool in nice and deep in one side, cleaned daily. Breakfast is very poor for a 4 star hotel, but dinner is excellent.Soup every evening, and two plates and fruit. Internet costs 1 euro per day and parking is free.Lots of Mosquitos though everywhere.

Room Tip: Any room facing the back. All rooms have balconies with a table and two chairs.