“A gem in the heart of Nidri”
Review of El Greco

El Greco
Ranked #39 of 69 Restaurants in Nidri
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We are in the third week of a Greek islands holiday and decided we needed a change from the traditional Greek fare. What a surprise an Italian restaurant in the heart of Greece. The food was superb as was the attentive and friendly service provided by the staff.
Went back three times and enjoyed a memorable dining experience each time. Highly recommended. Ask for Sohpia.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Initially we were attracted to the restaurant by its panomic view over the harbour.
We ordered our meal & it came back wrong. Had to send my mums back which left me eating on my own. Her meal eventually came back by which time I was some way through my own meal. Atmosphere somewhat ruined!
When we came to pay I mentioned that it might be prudent of them to offer us a monetry discount for the inconvenience caused. The blond waitress immediately took umbridge & was abusive & threatened us with the Police. I had the money in my hand & she suddenly reached across & snatched it. My mum was left crying & shaking at this abysmal treatment. I for one was left virtually speechless at her attitude & the way she spoke not only to us but in a raised voice in front of other customers.
All in all, this is one restaurant in an otherwise lovely place that I would avoid like the plague! AVOID AVOID.....!!!!!!!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

El Graco down at the harbour is our no. 1 restaurant in Nidri. The most smiling and most friendly staff you'll ever meet, delicious food (try the Chicken Madouri or Souvulaki with Style) and fair prices. Overall, a very pleasant atmosphere and there's nothing to complain about..

Reviewed July 2, 2012

El Greco overlooking Nidri harbour is a great place to eat, serving good food, house wine is very good and the staff are very welcoming and create a good fun atmosphere. This is a good place to sit and enjoy good food and company whilst dusk and then darkness falls, all the boats are lit up and the people watching is good too.
This is a family run Taverna, and they want to please, their hospitality is unbelieveable they never charged us for the wine, water or desserts and always sent us extra wine and cool watermelon to finish every meal.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Fine restaurant, delicious dishes. Squid are a bit overdone. Paella (rice with seafood) was excellent.