Day Sail Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Sailing Experience Days With Skippers Who Love To Teach! Day Sailing From Nidri (Lefkas Island) To Explore The Islands With Swimming and Lunch Time Stops. All Our Skippered Charters Include Tuition.
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Becky and Rob are great and taught me to like sailing, husband been trying for 20 plus years, very patient and thorough, would thoroughly recommend

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Last year I booked a day skipper course with Rob as my instructor. The whole course was fantastic. I had some previous sailing experience but I learnt so much during that week. Not just about boats, winds and ropes, but also a history of the islands themselves mixed with stories of other adventures around the world.
This year we returned and I couldn't resist taking my nephews and brother in law out for the day on one of their small yachts. They are perfect as a day boat for this area. We beat up the Meganisi channel where we found a good strong south westerly blowing. The older nephew was a natural, a budding Olympic gold medal winner. The younger turned a bit green and we had to get a bucket out for him so we turned to a beach for lunch. The boat has a lifting keel so we were able to get much closer to the beach than all the larger yachts and we swan ashore and found a taverna.

After lunch, we sailed straight off the anchor, no noisy smelly engines for us! . We stopped at some caves and did some snorkelling. We had the wind behind us, the younger nephew was feeling better and we had a leisurely sail all the way back to Nydri. Well most of the way, the winds can be a bit flukey around here, swirling around the islands so that keeps you on your toes.
We had been warned about the possibility of a katabatic wind so we were keeping an eye out for the tell tales. Secretly, we were hoping for one so we could get "Ramsey" up on the plane. Only joking Rob and Becky, obviously we would have put in a couple of reefs and come straight back in!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We have just returned from an amazing 6 days spent with day sail adventures in Lefkada and wanted to say a massive thanks to Becky and her team for a fantastic holiday!!

My husband and I had always dreamed of learning to sail, and decided to book the 4 day sailing tuition with Daysail adventures, followed by 2 day bareboat sailing (without a skipper) following the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. Neither of us had any prior sailing experience, however Becky was fantastic at teaching us how to sail the yacht over the 4 days, so that by days 5 and 6 we were sailing the yacht all by ourselves (which was amazing).

This has to be one of the best holidays I have experienced, as our days included learning to sail (only 3 of us on the boat) around the different islands near Lefkada, then mooring up at different islands for lunch (either picnics on the boat or in one of the many lovely restaurants dotted about), followed by more sailing and then a swim in secluded bays dotted around the islands. The sailing was a mixture of really exhilarating when the wind picked up and also very relaxing when the wind was abit quieter! The yachts themselves were very clean, very modern and well looked after and plenty of space for us to move around!

Thanks again for a fantastic holiday....we are already thinking about how quickly we can return!!

2  Thank Vee T
Reviewed August 6, 2012

we booked a last minute skippered day sailing with Day sail adventures in Nidri - it was a wonderful day !
Beccy was not only fantastic company but she was also an inspiration and I would definitely return to day sail adventures for more instruction. Beccy was a very attentive skipper and did everything she could to make sure we got the most from the day.
We had a brilliant morning sailing to the island of Meganissi and both myself and my daughters enjoyed some time at the helm ! We stopped for lunch at a beautiful restaurant "Il Paradiso" it really did live up to its name !
in the afternoon we had great fun anchoring up and diving from the boat -the day disappeared all too quickly
highly recommended & brilliant value for money - would do it again right now if only I could !

Reviewed August 6, 2012

As sailing novices we approached the day with much excitement and a little trepidation. Becky really is a first rate trainer, quickly putting you at ease and explaining everything really clearly. Pottered around in very light winds in the morning, learning the ropes (literally). After a swim and lunch in a lovely taverna we would never have found by ourselves, spent the afternoon in ever strengthening winds, gaining in confidence as the day wore on. We were sad the day had to end.
The boats supplied by Day sail Adventures are relatively easy to handle for a beginner and the tuition is such that even someone like myself, who has not sailed anything since my late teens more than 30 years ago was able to pick up information and feel confident in handling the boat by the end of the day.
Not cheap (price is relative) but we thought it excellent value for what we got. If you have any affinity for the sea, you really should give Day Sail a go!