“Really excellent food and great service”
Review of JD's Bistro - CLOSED

JD's Bistro
Cuisines: Greek, Dutch
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: JD's is a small, intimate family run bistro that we delight to welcome you to. Enjoy!
Reviewed August 13, 2013

On a recent visit to nidri (Greece) myself and my wife visited several Greek resteraunt because we like to do the local thing , but this year we found the Greek food a little bit of a let down , so we thought we'd try jd's bistro firstly for the odd English breakfast(got to watch the waistline) "wow" what a top feed very taisty and plenty of it ,so we thought we'd try the evening menu firstly I had the chicken curry ( I know its not Greek but its what I fancied) it was wonderful not too hot so you could really taste what you were eating , the next time we went I had the stafado and I must say it was the best I'd had and I try it in most parts of Greece we visit, also Jacky and Chris are lovelly they give you usefull info about nidri and local areas , oh and you simply must have Jackie's cheese cake although you'll only need one slice between you ,It might look a little quiet when you pass but you will be sorry if you pass it over , English,Greek ,Italian and I'm sure I seen some dutch cuisine on the menu give it a try you won't be sorry.

JAXXYD, Owner at JD's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thanks for reviewing us, was really great to meet you both and we do hope we see you both again in Nidri next year! Jaki & Chris

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had a couple meals here, but wasn't that impressed. It's ok for toast and such.

We tried to eat early but the cook had gone home. We didn't go back.

It is more like a café than a restaurant, which you can go to anytime in England. If you want to eat out, go to a Greek Restaurant, much nicer service and better class of food.

1  Thank suzie187069
JAXXYD, Owner at JD's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your dining experience with us. Which dish did you pick off our extensive, varied, all home-made menu? A menu that offers a total of 86 different choices from traditional Greek dishes like Stifado and Kleftiko to international choices like beef in oyster sauce, chicken stir fry, curry, bitter ballen to traditional English and Dutch breakfasts to delicious home-made desserts – hardly a café menu! I am also a little confused that you had “a couple of meals here”, if you did not enjoy your first experience here, why return? As for the cook not being present early evening, that would be me, the owner, who, having worked from 8.30am until 5.30pm, does like to slip home for a quick shower before working from 7pm until 2am or 3am, but I am sorry I missed you!! Dare I ask? Did you actually eat here at all???

Reviewed August 5, 2013

They say great things come in small packages, and JD's is no exception to this! A fantastic bistro, with just a few tables, a much cosier dining experience is offered here than the larger restaurants on the front. A personal touch is provided by the lovely hosts Jaki and Chris, and we can't recommend it highly enough!

Some mornings (or early afternoons!) nothing but an English breakfast will do. We tried JD's on the strength of other reviews which reported that Jaki's breakfasts were fantastic....and they weren't wrong! Having been to Greece many times over the past twenty years, I can honestly say JD's does the best, and most authentic, English breakfast we've ever had in Greece. This is to the point where we have given our hotel breakfast a miss most mornings, walking 20 minutes for a sniff of back bacon and HP sauce!

As the breakfast is so good, we've been back for a meal in the evening, and this was also fantastic! Generous portions, competitively and reasonably priced.....we're only part way through our holiday, and we'll definitely be going back!!

Located on the main road, near the beach, try JD's.....you won't be disappointed :-)

JAXXYD, Owner at JD's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

thank you for these kind words and taking the time and trouble to review us whilst still on your holidays! it has been a pleasure getting to know you and look forwards to seeing you again before you go back to the UK. Jaki & Chris

Reviewed July 26, 2013

JD's is still the best breakfast in Nidri. Plenty to choose from the menu and if it is not there if you ask Jaki will do her best to accommodate you.
You are served quickly and efficiently and the hot food is fresh and and piping hot and the salads are crisp and fresh.
The place is lovely and the clean and the toilet pristine. HIGHLY RECCOMMENDED

JAXXYD, Owner at JD's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

as ever, great to see you and the family...come back soon, we miss you! Jaki x

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The best dinner we had in Lefkada (especially the chicken soup with corn and the chicken a la creme)!

JAXXYD, Owner at JD's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Thank you for visiting us and for your kind comments! We are so pleased you enjoyed your meal. Jaki