“Central position along the quay”
Review of Apollon

Apollon
Ranked #4 of 69 Restaurants in Nidri
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We initially chose this because of the position and atmosphere of the central harbour. Once seated though it quickly became evident that we 'had chosen wisley'. The staff are a blurr, working hard to ensure the diners have a tasty, relaxing meal. Once we diners have had our fill and ask or the bill the next phase of hospitality kicks in. Many minutes later, once we have finally paid the bill, we are pleasantly 'satisfied' with two or even three well balanced courses of on the house hospitality.
Not surprisingly we chose to return again.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

We did choose this restaurant based on other reviews here. I had shrimps saganaki for starters and my wife had red peppers stuffed with feta cheese. Both dishes was great. As main, I had mousaka, also great. The waiters are really running with the food, it is almost to much though. But the service is good and fast.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

The waiters here are amazing. They run around the place with big smiles on their faces. Nothing is too much trouble for the customers. The place is always full of happy people. I would recommend this place to anyone going to Nidri.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

I don't often review a restaurant, but after returning from Nidri yesterday just had to write about Apollon.

Nidri harbour is jam packed with eateries, but for us it was the excellent service, and fantastic food which made Apollon stand out.

We ordered a Mezze starter, a bargain at €12. We explained I'm veggie and my hubby isnt, and they made sure to tell me which 2 dishes not to eat. the food was amazing, so well cooked. Then we asked for the bill, were told "no its too early!" and were given strawberries and ice cream, then 2 coffees, then ouzo for him, schnapps for me, and eventually fruit juice, all on the house.

We don't often revisit a place on the same holiday, but we were so impressed we returned twice more. The host both times coming over to say welcome back.

The food is great, the position is great (but they all are in Nidri) but the service and value for money stand out.

Reviewed June 15, 2011

We tried several restaurants during our 2 week stay in Nidri. Apollon became our favorite. It has a fine location facing the harbour. The servants are very friendly and follow you up from you arrive until you leave. The food is very tasty. We never had any complaints. We did not mind receiving free desserts and drinks after every visit. This is definitely a restaurant you should try.

Review collected in partnership with Apollo
2  Thank Eskog