“Excellent customer service”

Ranked #2 of 2 Madeley B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent customer service”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Went in for a few pints on Christmas Eve, The bar service and the bar staff were excellent.

We were welcomed with a warm alcoholic punch, and stuck around for a while. The staff were very friendly. The whole hotel has improved 100% with the new management team.

We were so impressed we are now booking our 50th birthday party there.

Keep up all the good work!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jacob G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

When I appeared at the Crewe arms I was quite amazed at what I found, the staff welcomed me with open arms it made me feel very secure and also they helped me with booking rooms and meals with them, they mentioned that there was entertainment on a Friday and a Saturday so I thought I might Aswell see the outcome and to be honest I enjoyed it! They had DJ's on a Friday and a live band on Saturday. I then stayed one more night due to some errands that had to be attended to in the morning and the breakfast was very good I could choose out of a free continental or a full English breakfast which I didn't mind paying extra for, money well spent! I must say well done indeed. Keep up the good work guys I will defiantly keep in touch.

• Stayed December 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

We had sunday lunch at the hotel and itwas fantastic,the service by the staff made us feel at home.The owners are working very hard to improve the status of the Crewe Arms.My husband went to the bar and was talking to a couple of the locals and had nothing but praise to the new owners,who have given them entertainment throughout the weekend the owner showed us the rooms and were of high class,we were so made up with the place we have booked a table for ten on boxing day and a couple of the hotel rooms to.Keep up the standard and all the hard work you deserve to go forward.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank wikk
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Myself, husband and 3 year old son stopped here on our way from Glasgow to Kent and found a very warm welcome.Sue the owner couldn't have been more helpful making us a fresh coffee on arrival. The business has only recently been taken over and the owners have updated the deocr. Lovely clean and spacious room.

It has an advantage of a bar and restaurant attached meaning we were able to eat in comfort.

This is a pet friendly hotel.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank H M
Preston
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Room was clean but freezing cold because radiators turned off at night. They're broken said the man sent to fix it. Can you fix it? No I can't. He disappears. Broken eh? My eye. Saving money more like. The radiators came on in the morning all right. It was a good price for the room but here's the sour taste. We had the cooked breakfast as we thought it was all-in. We weren't told of an extra charge. Cooked breakfast had a lot of beans (surprise, surprise, cheapest thing on the plate) micro-bacon and sausage containing some sort of possible meat. My wife didn't really want it. When I left, they were into me for a fiver each surcharge for the cooked breakfast - the Dick Turpin special. Naughty, naughty. Tell the punters upfront please. Silly thing to do really because it totally put me off!

Room Tip: Continental breakfast only folks....
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Hillarion

Travelers are raving about these Madeley hotels

NEWCASTLE
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We went to The Crewe Arms for a treat for a meal which was not suitable or fit for a dog!! My self and partner struggled to eat this meal.. raw and frozen food isn't my ideal of a meal!! the staff well should is say 1 member of staff what was on that night was very un helpful and never even asked us why we hadn't eaten are meal!! we waited 40 mins for the bill till in the end we went to the bar and asked!! what a waste of £28... The girl that was on had only been matter of days and she told use she was on her own so nobody in charge to complain to so I emailed when I got home and had no reply this was june time!! I have since had negaitive report from lots of people!!!! stay away from here if you don't want to be disappointed!!! shame on you! this is such a shame as it used to have great feed back from lots!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank FIONA L
Stoke on Trent
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We turned up without a booking on a busy Saturday evening. They went out of their way to accommodate us. We chose specials from the Specials Board and were not disappointed. Food and service was very good. Beer good too !!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tkota
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madeley
Borough Arms Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13
The Wheatsheaf Inn
The Wheatsheaf Inn
#1 of 1 in Onneley

Been to The Crewe Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!