“Everyone was very impressed”
Review of Pascal's of Napier

Pascal's of Napier
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Napier
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Pascal's of Napier is a top rated restaurant which also offers B&B and self catering accommodation in the very heart of Napier. When visiting our restaurant for breakfast, lunch, or a romantic dinner, your hosts, Mark and Stephen, will ensure it will be both special and memorable. Al fresco in summer, fireside in winter.
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have been to Pascal’s a few times and know they have excellent food, friendly waiters and the service is great. So when my colleagues planned a workshop I recommend they stop for lunch at Pascal’s. We were a group of 20 people and everyone was very impressed with the brilliant service and amazing food. If you are passing through Napier be sure to stop at Pascal’s. (Try the Jalapeño Chili Poppers for a starter).

StephenNich, Owner at Pascal's of Napier, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

A firm favorite on our menu is the Chili Popper starter and I'm glad your group got to try them. Thank you for choosing Pascal's as your lunch stop for your group - we hope to see you back again some time soon. Your comments about the food, the service and everything else - much appreciated.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is one of our favourite lunch restaurants situated on the main street of Napier it offers old world country setting and furnishings, out door deck and friendly and efficient staff. The food is excellent with their lunch time light lunch menu offering nicely presented food that is different and very tasty. Portions as adequate and wine prices reasonable. I can recommend this eatery have been a few times and have not been diappointed.

What a positive review. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback and we hope every visit will be a pleasant one.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our family (including our beloved retriever Nastro) was on our way to Arniston on the 24th of December - we needed a break and lunch - what a fantastic experience we had at Pascals - being pet friendly helped but my Karoo cuisine wife's admission that this was the best mince pie she ever had clinched it! I was also impressed with the wine and beer list: quality, not too long and well priced
Thanks guys for a great lunch - we will be back

So glad your wife loved the Bobotie! The fact that you had such a good time at Pascal's means we are doing something right. Hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Once we came into the restaurant it looked very nice but we were greeted with an irration by a elderly gentlemen. Who asked us very sarcastically "you not coming here to eat are you?" We decided to stay anyway to see if it would improve. The place didn't look very busy but they took 25 minutes just to bring us the menu. And then they told us that if we order it will still be no less than 45minutes before we get our food. We were not impressed by this and decided to go to the Spainish place next door. Where we were greeted with warm smiles, good entertaining service and very good food.

2  Thank Ivo A
StephenNich, Owner at Pascal's of Napier, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at Pascals and I am truly sorry to hear it was not a good one. I would like to take this opportunity to answer a few of your points:
You refer to being seated by an "elderly" gentleman. I imagine you are referring to me as I am the person who greeted you. I would just like to point out that I am quite a bit under 50 years of age so would not refer to myself as 'elderly'.
I asked whether you were eating lunch or simply have cake and tea - the menu's are different. The words you have used are simply not accurate.
The only reason you waited for menu's was because we were in fact very full and you needed a table for 5 people - all our bigger tables, both inside and outside, were occupied. We therefor needed to shift tables and chairs together to set up a comfortable table for your party - we did so happily. Once seated you were immediately given menus. I did tell you right upfront there would be an approx wait of 45 minuted to get your food out. As you can imagine, the Christmas period is our busiest of the year and we prefer to inform people up front if there is a waiting period so they can make informed decisions. You then said you would have cakes rather than eat meals - and when told there would still be a wait as we were in the middle of lunch with orders already in the kitchen, you chose to leave which is absolutely your prerogative.
I am truely sorry that your experience was a negative one, but I simply cannot apologize for the fact that we are a popular and busy establishment, especially at this time of year. As you can see from our many positive reviews, we strive very hard to make sure people have a great experience, One thing we are not, is a fast food restaurant .

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Pascal's of Napier is a place where we always feel completely comfortable and at home and are treated as if we're the only customers there, even when the place is completely packed to the rafters, as it is frequently.

The service is always great and the food is out of this world.

If you'de like a nice quite meal and to get spoiled rotten, drop in at Pascal's, it's amazing.