“Lovely Traditional Tea Room”

TruLeigh Scrumptious
Ranked #25 of 161 Restaurants in Leigh-on Sea
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: TruLeigh Scrumptious is a lovely Tea Room set in the heart of Leigh opposite the Library and serve Breakfasts, Lunches and Afternoon Tea offering a delicious selection of home made cakes and puddings. We are fully licenced. A warm welcome and excellent service is waiting for you.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is a privately run traditional tea room, providing breakfasts, lunches and afternoon teas. Alcoholic drinks are available. I have visited several times and never been disappointed. The smoked salmon and scrambled egg breakfast with wholegrain toast is to die for. Once when I went we were a bit late for the breakfast, but as we asked nicely our wish was granted. You can't ask for more. It is all reasonably priced and portions are adequate. Very friendly service.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Have been here a few times and tried different meals on the menu all of which were satisfactory. I read previous reviews and would disagree about the comment with the clotted cream. To be specific the cafe used Rodda's clotted cream with the scone and had a selection of 3 jams. Waitress service was very good.

1  Thank calculatedresponse
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Not my favourite place to eat in Leigh but the food is ok, just wish the staff (who I think are the owners) would smile and be a bit more welcoming!

3  Thank Sue R
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We took my mother in law to these tea rooms for a treat. I wish we hadn't bothered, it was the worst cream tea I have ever had. The scones were stale, the cream wasn't clotted cream and the tea was only warm. Service was rubbish too. It was such a dissapointment.

3  Thank Lorraine M
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I visited Terracotta Tea Rooms a few months ago and was served by the grey haired waitress mentioned by others. My friend and I sat at the coffee area which was chairs with a low table. We ordered coffes and said that we would look at the menu. We decided we wanted a jacket potato and so placed the order with the same grey haired waitress, at this point she told us she would set a table for us as wewere eating, we told her not to worry that we were happy to remain where we were, she insisted that we sit at a table and then ensued the battle to remain were we were. She implied that we would make a mess if we werent at a table and said that when the dishes were ready she would put them on a table, we insisted we wanted to eat where we were, I felt like adding that we were adults and could take responsibility for our eating arrangements. She begrudgingly brought the meals to where we were sittin tutting and raising her eyes skywards the whole time and once delivered she flounced off clearly not happy. At a nearby table two young mums with children in prams had finished their meals and left the tea rooms, there was some food debris on the floor which the little ones had clearly caused, but you expect some crumbs whoevers been eating, but the greyhaired waitress proceeded to tut and pull a face to show her displeasure. The food itself was ok, nothing special, but our visit was not good and we wont be going thee again.

3  Thank Jean R