“One of the best carvery meals I have had....”
Review of The Rose Garden

The Rose Garden
Ranked #15 of 143 Restaurants in Leigh-on Sea
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
London
“One of the best carvery meals I have had....”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I am very impressed by my first visit to The Rose Garden. The staff were very friendly, welcoming and professional.

The food was was far better than the normal carvery quality, the vegetables were perfectly cooked and the yorkshires perfect, the gravy was delicious.

I choose the broccoli and Stilton soup which was better than homemade. The added touch of cream heart decoration was a pretty touch. The croutons did taste like soggy fried bread, I prefer mine crisper.

I completed my meal with the fresh fruit salad which was very good with a really wide choice of fruits complimented with a very good ice cream. My companion had the apple pie which he said was the best he had ever had, even better than mine!

All in all a very pleasant Sunday lunch I look forward to visiting again soon to try their other menus.

• Visited June 2013

“Amazing Food Every Time”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We have eaten at the Rose Garden several times & the food has always been fantastic. Large portions & presented beautifully. Our favourite restuarant!

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Good Local Lunch Venue”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Our first visit to The Rose was on the recommendation of friends. It is quite easy to overlook this restaurant which is located at the rear of The Harry Pub so we are pleased we took friends advice and lunched there. There was a 'light lunch' menu and a 2 or 3 course set lunch menu. The restaurant is quite small and cosy and Katie, our waitress, was very friendly and efficient. The food was freshly prepared, beautifully presented and absolutely delicious, so much so that the friends we lunched with intend to book a birthday celebration function there in the near future. Well worth a visit, we will definitely return.

Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Very disapointing "Carvery"”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband & I had eaten here previously for an evening earlier in the year and the standard of food and service was excellent. So much so I asked if they could cater for gluten free which they advised was no problem as the menu is flexible and the chef and staff fully understand what the diet is. With this in mind I booked for Fathers Day, at the time of booking (2 weeks in advance) I advised that 1 of our party was gluten free and again was told "no problem". The day before I got a call to change our reservation time due to the sittings, at no point was it explained that for this day a carvery would be in place. It was also confirmed that one of my party was gluten free. On arriving on the Sunday I was horrified to see a carvery in place, along with 3 joints of meat with yorkshire puddings sat on the same trays as meat. Thinking that an alternative menu would still be in place we sat. To accommodate the carvery the tables had all been pushed up making it a tight squeeze all round. Our waitress came over & I asked re the menu...she had a complete vague look re Gluten Free. I explained that my mother would not be able to have any of the meat as mixed with yorkshire puddings and could she please go and speak to the chef. There was a new joint of beef just out of the oven and he would carve some meat off of this before it came out, she had no other choice available to her. Had it been any other day we would have walked out. The meat & vegetables were flavoursome however the whole dining experience had been ruined for us all. Our table had no rolls offered to us and unlike the table next to us we did not get chocolates with our coffee either. To cap it all they then tried to charge us for 3 courses when we only had 2! So many restaurants nowadays cater fully for gluten free, it is not difficult but I would rather that if they feel they are going to struggle especially on a busy day to advise so.

3 Thank Jules N
Gilbert, Arizona
“Great Service, great food - Leigh on Sea's best kept secret”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Despite being from London, I live in Arizona, USA and brought my wife and kids (two very picky young children under 2 yo and 6 yo) to this restaurant with a friend who lives locally when visiting the UK.
The inside is pleasant, clean and well maintained. The food was excellent and my picky children loved the food and ate every bite. The deserts are world class, and I travel globally so I've had a fair share of great food. The staff are fantastic, our server was so considerate she lowered the restaurant music volume when noticing I was trying to get my 2 year old to sleep. They didn't hurry us (we stayed a while), they made sure we were happy, that we had everything we needed and were so polite and personable it made the visit a wonderful experience.
Will try to visit everytime we visit the UK.

1 Thank Andy1138