“Best restaurant in Leigh”
Review of La Belle Epoque - CLOSED

La Belle Epoque
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and i have eaten here on a number of occasions and are always impressed by the quality of the food and the fantastic friendly service, Ben the owner is always greets you with a warm welcome, and the food never disappoints us.

1  Thank lesley254

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We visited this restaurant a while ago. The food was excellent, the service was good, but I felt sorry for the waiter. He was running around like a headless chicken & did his best. His waiting abilities are great but he was on his own & although the restaurant is really small, it has put me off going back there. They should get another waiter!!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

After visiting vanquish interiors, the new and wonderful home furnishings and interior design shop in Leigh road owned by a delightfull man , Troy Giles .myself my wife Tricia Joddee and David felt peckish and Joddee suggested la Behlle Époque . So we walked down after phoning for a reservation.
The restuarant has a great look on the outside very French . When entering the decor again very French and pretty. We were greeted with a warm welcome and seated . The table setting was lovely and pictures around the walls were cartoon French really colourfull. David ordered the wine ,red for the men and the rose for the ladies, house wine was the choice which the waiter and owner who's name escapes me, sorry also suggested, both lovely wines.
Then came the ordering.
For starters me and David had the fish soup with crotons which was rich luxury all the taste of the sea, beautiful .
The ladies had goat cheese and salad and they enjoyed.
The mains then came , Joddee and myself had the duck and side veg which was absolutely gorgeous David had the very tasty sea bass and Tricia had the rack of lamb which she demolished with gusto. The atmosphere was buzzing and we were all chatting and enjoying the very French feel and the lovely guitar music in the back ground.
Now the deserts.
Tricia and I ordered the pear tarta David ordered the crepes and Joddee had my fav now the chocolate truffle praline. Yum.
We are all agreement that la Belle Époque is the place to have fantastic food atmosphere great service.
And the menu is changed every six weeks and yes we will be going back. Regular. Au revoir

1  Thank Tonyandtricia
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We've liked the look of this place ever since it first opened a year or so ago but hadn't yet got round to trying it out. Well, are we glad we finally have! French decor, real French music on an excellent sound system (plus video, love Francis Cabrel!), a real not plastic flower at your table, just the right lighting, beautifully presented tables, attentive, very friendly and knowledgeable but not overbearing service - all pretty much spot on.
As for the food, it's right up there with the best I've had at restaurants in France. The Foie Gras starter was simply devine, as was the salmon vol au vent. The Confit de Canard was melt-in-the-mouth superb and combined beautifully with the 2007 Pitray, and the veggies perfectly cooked. The tarte tatin for dessert was absolutely delicious, made and baked fresh. The only small criticism would be that the homemade ice cream had lumps of ice in it so they could take a leaf out of Irma's book on that. Otherwise everything about our evening here was superb and my wife and I can't wait to go again.
We urged the owner to get a Twitter account to help spread the word on this hidden gem.

2  Thank Tom A
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Me and a group of friends went here for a birthday meal. We arrived at the restaurant and we were welcomed in by the owner, a very warm friendly man, who showed us to our seats. The service from both the waitress and the owner was very professional and we felt very welcomed. The food took a little while but when it arrived it was well worth the wait, the comfit de canard in particular was amazing. The atmosphere in the restaurant was very comfortable and easygoing which made for a very enjoyable night out. I will definitely be returning to eat here again.

All in all, very noice indeed. I would definitely recommend going to this restaurant as you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Jack W