“Superb cafe/bistro for a nice leisurely meal”
Review of The Grove

The Grove
Ranked #7 of 167 Restaurants in Leigh-on Sea
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Contemporary and informal bistro style restaurant open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch or just delicious coffees and cake. Plus 3 evenings for dinner (Thurs*, Fri & Sat - *Apr-Dec). Fully licensed to serve alcohol with meals with an excellent range of wines not found anywhere else in the area.Food cooked with passion, flair and imagination with plenty of options for vegetarians. From warm salads to juicy burgers, Thai curries to flatbread type sandwiches. Specials on the blackboards change every couple of days to keep things interesting.We pride ourselves on looking after all our customers and will do all we can especially for those with dietary needs/allergies.Our evening menu starts at 7pm
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Came for lunch and the owner could not be more helpful and friendly; excellent service, explaining the menus, making recommendations, trying to make as welcome and comfortable as possible and nice to have a chat with too. The food was also good especially when they had the fresh fish in and their salads were good too, a tad bit too much dressing for me but great. Cannot really faulty it really, it also has a nice view when seating outside. My parents did come by a few more times and said they really like this place. Cant fault them as with friendly staff, good surroundings and good food, what more do you need?

1  Thank FoodieLondontown

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Lovely fresh food crispy salad good wine good atmosphere and deserves to be number one for eating!you can have olives and snacks or a full blown meal which we had the proof was in the eating, both our plates were empty and felt so relaxed didnt want to leave! thanks to the owner and all you wonderful staff our best place in leigh on sea.will be back next summer shame we didnt live closer!

1  Thank James S
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Took my discerning husband and ten year old son for breakfast . The proof was in the empty plates . My son had the mini breakfast and ate every last bit. My husband ordered the full breakfast and we had the same result . I chose smoke salmon and scrambled eggs and again another clean plate . Good service and not over priced .

Think this has become my favourite restaurant

1  Thank eve r
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My other half took me here for a treat on a very rainy Saturday night. Very pleasantly surprised by such a local restaurant. Cool place to sit under the glass overlooking the estuary, romantic with the rain beating down. We shared the mezzo platter for two to start, really good halloumi, prawns and little bean patties. Mains were an immense burger which really was tasty, I love my burgers and this was up there with some of the best. Also the chop salad which was very good (for a salad)... Lots of chicken, blue cheese etc and the dressing was really good!

Only small downside was half bottles of prosecco had run out and none by the glass that night.

Will be back when I've got room for the salted caramel cheesecake......

1  Thank Vicky-Gareth
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We are locals and been to The Grove many times but not for a while. Been OK in the past but last night it was really good, not sure if it's a new chef or the staff but really impressed. I had a goats cheese salad and it was so tasty and filling which is often not the case with salads! Lemon torte and ice cream for dessert which was equally yummy. As we brought our own wine it was great value too. Will be back very soon.

1  Thank Emma S