“Christmas Day”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We ate at this restaurant on Christmas Day. It was excellent. The staff were very friendly and efficient although, as we were the second sitting, they must have been on their knees! They was a great atmosphere, the restaurant was tastefully decorated and the meal was superb. Between the four of us we tried almost everything on the menu and weren't disappointed! A nice touch with 'snow' outside on arrival and departure!!

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Arrived with party of 16 shown to private dinning room. Decorated wonderful for Christmas and music playing. Drinks all ordered and first course arrived....wonderful looked amazing tasted better....
Nice wait then main....wow and pudding just do not ask died and gone to heaven. Best food at a Christmas meal i have ever had. The chef was wonderful staff attentive. As we all left they turned in snow machine we were like kids..... Just go its brilliant.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

We were at the restaurant on Friday 6th December. The service and food was exceptional. Also very good value for money. We had previously eaten the week before at Roast in Borough Market and our eating experience at Sandbank was far better and much better value for money than Roast. I would highly recommend Sandbank. Attention to detail is second to none, the staff, particularly the chef/owner are very attentive and welcoming. This is by far one of the best restaurants in the area.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We returned to the Sandbank Restaurant 13th Dec 2013 and had the three course Christmas Menu, we. I had the duck croquette and my partner had the chicken venison terrine. The duck was incredible and I was lucky enough to taste the terrine which was very flavoursome!

I ordered the roast turkey which was expertly plated and my parter had the beef wellington, both were delicious.

For dessert again we chose two different desserts, the creme brulee and the Christmas Pudding, The sugar nest on my creme brulee added a touch of elegants while the brandy sauce which surrounded the Christmas pud was the best I have ever sampled.

All topped off with a bottle of Malbec and a 2 Limoncellos - Bliss

Looking forward to Christmas Day at the restaurant!

Thank you Sandbank Team, you did it again!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

A lovely designed restaurant, there is outside area, but would suggest would not have the views given its location. The food is without question very tasty, well presented and made with pride. The service was helpful, courteous and prompt. There was particularly long waiting times between courses, which were overly long. The waiting staff did apologise, but not really given a reason for the lengthy delays. One tip, from one who enjoys large portions, the taster menu is 6 courses, but very small in portion, which is apt given the title. For me I was left a little wanting at the end, but it could be I'm greedy. However, glancing at others who didn't have the taster menu their portions looked of a good size. Overall a pleasant evening.

1  Thank tracy W