“Beautiful, Personal, Excellent food”

Sandbank Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 148 Restaurants in Leigh-on Sea
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This restaurant is at the end of our road (almost) and we didn't know what to expect from something so 'local' but we were blown away. The food is of high class London standard and the atmosphere is excellent. The wine list is extensive and the service spot on. I have eaten here 4 times in the last 18 months and each time I've had a great evening. My favourite is still the Beef Wellington, but all the food is exceptional.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

As a family we celebrated Mothering Sunday, we sat in the back room which has no natural light so seemed a bit claustrophobic, the music was too loud, we had to ask twice for it to be turned down. We were severed by various waiting staff some were really nice and friendly but a couple were a bit off.
The meal was a bit hit and miss, we loved the rolls which could have been home made, we really enjoyed the presentation of all courses.
All our starters were perfect, the mains not so good. I had the Calves liver which was a bit chewy, I like my vegetables nearly raw but my family don't, so a lot were left. My husband had Roast Scotch Sirloin which was very rare and too pink for him.
We enjoyed the desserts my husband choose the cheese which was beautifully presented but not a lot of cheese.
The lattes were very good, they were hot and not tepid which is often the case in most restaurants.
There was a very nice touch of fudge and Turkish delight with the coffees and an orchid for every 'Mother'.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We had the 6 course taster menu which was part of a Travelzoo offer and it was really really good. Fantastic food and great service, not a bad price. Courteous staff yet unobtrusive. The chef came round and spoke to some of the customers which is always a good sign.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Four of us went to the restaurant using Travelzoo vouchers. The main area was fully booked and we were seated in a smaller room at the side. This was extremely comfortable. We had a very nice welcome by a good looking young waiter who informed us that it was his first day. I can only say that he must have been well trained, service was perfect, attentive yet unobtrusive . Food was faultless, we all had our favourites, for me the wild mushroom soup was fabulous, but all courses were delicious. We shall be returning in order to try out some of the other items on the menu. Would definitely recommend to others.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have now eaten at this restaurant several times and each has been a very enjoyable experience.
We have had an evening meal and several lunch specials and we can both recommend it as a place to go.
It has again achieved a Michelin guide place and is well worthy of it
As restaurants go, the prices are reasonable and the food is excellent
With the fish tank as a background the ambiance in the restaurant is very peaceful.
Service is very good and the chef, if not too busy is usually checking on your experience
All in all worth a visit

2  Thank Ray H