“Nice”

The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. Ltd.
Reserve with OpenTable
The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. Ltd. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 148 Restaurants in Leigh-on Sea
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. has been apart of the Leigh Community for 15 years. We're a family run Restaurant with a love of Seafood. Everyday we learn some new, even after all these years, but we always have the ultimate aim of improving ourselves. We are Doggy friendly, and your pooch is welcome in our Downstairs Bar & Restaurant Area.We have a Wedding Licence and have held many weddings here. We have an upstairs Restaurant, which is used for many kinds of special occasions, Birthdays, Funerals, Business dinners, Company Events, Charities evenings, Film nights, Fashion Shows, Plays, Cooking Classes,Dance Classes & many other events. We haven't had a Doggy Fashion Show yet, but give us time!
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Had seen your restaurant on Tv and thought we'd try (especially as its a dog friendly, which is lovely after a walk. Obviously my dog was clean and well behaved, which they all should be seeing as its a lovely restaurant).
The Sicilian wine was lovely and service good.
Although I would love to come back and see muscles in cream & white wine, and Fish & Chips on the menu as these are classic dishes which would suit all especially people who are not big fish eaters. Mmmm shared muscles with a crusty loaf and wine, perfect lunchtime food.
My partner had pork which was very nice though.
Will try again, thank you

ourword, Owner at The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

thank you for your review. We do have mussels sometimes, but with this weather the local ones our supplier told us our full of mud and not very nice, and to be honest I haven't seen that many at market (I go to Billingsgate myself) I have been told that weather has been a big factor in there not being many around. However, we will have some this weekend. As for Fish & Chips, we only have two small fryers, and whitebait, soft shell crab & fishcakes are so popular that we just wouldn't be able to do them, not until we could find room for another fryer.
It is always fantastic to hear what people think, and I hope to see you and your doggy again. (we make our own doggy ice cream) take care Louise

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Have just arrived home after a very enjoyable meal this evening at the Sand Bar. Cannot fault the food, the staff were pleasant and the atmosphere was lovely, it also attracts a very nice clientele. Would definitely go back again.

1  Thank Gary L

they say nice people encourage other nice people, so you are obviously lovely. Thank you for your review, need all the good ones we can get. We put so much love and passion into what we do, so when someone is happy we're happy. take care Louise

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I phoned to book a table for 7 for lunch and lady asked me to hold, I held for 2 mins, odd I thought, then was told it was fine as long as vacate table by 3.30pm. OK I said. Wondered why their restaurant would be packed out at mid-afternoon. Anyway, turned up and found a large wedding party going on! Some of my party wanted to leave because of the noise and I should have been told/warned about it to be honest. But after 15 minutes the wedding party went upstairs (we were downstairs) and all was fine. Friendly service and good food, promptly served which was a surprise with all the wedding party guests also being in the restaurant. A child in our group was disappointed no burger and chips available (it is listed on the internet menu) but the chef cooked sausage and chips for her and she was happy. One quibble - an additional scoop of ice cream wouldn't go amiss as desserts were small for the price, though tasty.

Thank you for your lovely review. If you come back and do not see anything on the menu for your children please ask and we will always try to come up with something that will make them happy. take care Louise

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Had another great quality meal with friends. What I like about the Sand Bar are the professional staff who are always so accommodating. We sat at the high bar tables before dinner with a bottle of fizz, we looked at the menus there. Once at our table the delicious starters and mains came and all great quality. I will always recommend it. Thank you Sand Bar.

1  Thank WILDISCH
ourword, Owner at The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. I hope you have an amazing New Year's Eve, and take care Louise

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Brilliant night of celebrations for my Sister's birthday. There were around 20 of us all ordering drinks and food in the bar area at different times and wonderful Gjovan couldn't have looked after us any better so thank you. We chose the Sandbar as the ambiance is lovely and the food is always good, everyone in our party had a great night and will now be regulars like ourselves. Thank you to all the staff who are always very welcoming and hard working, see you soon.

1  Thank sallyimb

Thank you so much for your Review, I know Gjovan loves looking after you. He told me that you were really warm and friendly. Have a Fantastic New Year's Eve, take care Louise