“Fantastic as always”

The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. Ltd.
Reserve with OpenTable
The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. Ltd. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 156 Restaurants in Leigh-on Sea
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. has been apart of the Leigh Community for 15 years. We're a family run Restaurant with a love of Seafood. Everyday we learn some new, even after all these years, but we always have the ultimate aim of improving ourselves. We are Doggy friendly, and your pooch is welcome in our Downstairs Bar & Restaurant Area.We have a Wedding Licence and have held many weddings here. We have an upstairs Restaurant, which is used for many kinds of special occasions, Birthdays, Funerals, Business dinners, Company Events, Charities evenings, Film nights, Fashion Shows, Plays, Cooking Classes,Dance Classes & many other events. We haven't had a Doggy Fashion Show yet, but give us time!
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Brilliant night of celebrations for my Sister's birthday. There were around 20 of us all ordering drinks and food in the bar area at different times and wonderful Gjovan couldn't have looked after us any better so thank you. We chose the Sandbar as the ambiance is lovely and the food is always good, everyone in our party had a great night and will now be regulars like ourselves. Thank you to all the staff who are always very welcoming and hard working, see you soon.

1  Thank sallyimb
ourword, Owner at The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you so much for your Review, I know Gjovan loves looking after you. He told me that you were really warm and friendly. Have a Fantastic New Year's Eve, take care Louise

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I have just had a lovely relaxed meal with my son and two small dogs (there is an upstairs seating area here for non-doggy people). Our food was tasty and hot - lovely fish and mussels, oh and fat chips like my mums'.
Well done Sand Bar for being doggy friendly - it was nice to be able to eat a proper meal, at a proper table - not shoved out the front or back or in the cold just because of the dogs! - we will return for the lovely food and atmosphere and of course the luxury of being able to take my dogs with me!......

Thank you so much, our aim it to be like places my husband and I go to when we take our doggies on holiday in France. Hope to see you again, take care and happy new year Louise

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My friend and i went to have a pre christmas meal together. we sat up stairs on a very comfortable table at the by the window.
The atmosphere was cosy and inviting, and we ate some good food and wine. The staff were fantastic and available, the food was brought to us hot and tasty and we just had room for a yummy desert mmmmm.
We went down to get a cab, and a lady was a little worse for wear made her way to the door and knocked over a screen in the process. When she was outside the waiter came and got her a chair to sit on in case she fell again.
Well done to the waiters quick thinking, and well done all around to you.

ourword, Owner at The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review, after reading the last one it was very much needed to lift my spirits. The upstairs is lovely and away from the noise of the Bar, but people do not seem to want to go up there, and then only go away and moan about noise etc downstairs. So I thank you for bringing it to every readers attention. Have a very special 2014 to & your friends & family. Louise

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I've been to the Sand Bar a few times but my recent visit was very disappointing. On arrival we sat at the Bar, the waitress forgot our drinks and treated us as if we were an annoyance. My friend and i were then sat at a tabke where you could barely squeeze in. The most off putting part was that the people at the table next to us brought their 2 dogs in with them - they were wet and smelly - we were really surprised that dogs were allowed and although I love dogs, I do not want to sit eating with the whiff of smelly dog! It would have been nice of them to ask us if we minded.
The service was average and the food ok - I didn't really enjoy the crab cakes as they were dry.
This place has some Leigh regulars who are looked after whereas the rest of us not in the clique are just a necessity.
I won't be going back there.

6  Thank Nicho1e
ourword, Owner at The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Thank you for your review, so Sorry to hear about your experiences here, we're are dog friendly down stairs, however the upstairs restaurant is a no dog zone. I am upset to hear that the waitress did not offer you to go upstairs, where it is roomier. Our aim is not to treat anyone any differently, so I was saddened to hear that you felt neglected, you can be sure I will take this matter further with the front of house staff. If you were ever to give us another chance please call and ask for me, and I will make sure you have a really nice table upstairs. Merry Christmas & have a wonderful 2014 Louise

Reviewed December 18, 2013

My networking lunch group have been using the upstairs room at The Sand Bar for the last couple of months. Some of the ladies attend more than one group and many have commented that the Leigh group now has the best venue for food and surroundings.

We can choose from a set menu of five or six main courses and there is always a nice variety. I had scallops last month and triple smoked gammon this month. Both were delicious.

I have also had a couple of business 1-2-1s here as well as running two of my social media training workshops. The coffee is great - and so are the shortbread biscuits.

1  Thank Jo S

thank you so much, I love looking after you ladies.