“LOVELY PLACE TO DRINK BUT ON THE NIGHT THE FOOD WAS AWFUL ...”

The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. Ltd.
Reserve with OpenTable
The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. Ltd. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 151 Restaurants in Leigh-on Sea
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. has been apart of the Leigh Community for 15 years. We're a family run Restaurant with a love of Seafood. Everyday we learn some new, even after all these years, but we always have the ultimate aim of improving ourselves. We are Doggy friendly, and your pooch is welcome in our Downstairs Bar & Restaurant Area.We have a Wedding Licence and have held many weddings here. We have an upstairs Restaurant, which is used for many kinds of special occasions, Birthdays, Funerals, Business dinners, Company Events, Charities evenings, Film nights, Fashion Shows, Plays, Cooking Classes,Dance Classes & many other events. We haven't had a Doggy Fashion Show yet, but give us time!
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have been going to the Sandbar regularly to have a drink for many years and thought i would try the food, the prices are not that cheap so one would expect to have a really good meal without any problems, starter was lovely, for the main course i ordered the pork which was absolutely disgusting, just a lump of inedible meat that any shoe repairer would have given a 10 year guarantee with, it was surrounded by fat and gristle, i sent it back but to my horror they charged me for the main meal vegetables !!! .i like the sandbar, i like the staff who are warm and friendly, but that was extremely bad business and mean, at best i should not have been charged for the main course as it was ruined for me, the bill came to £50 (for two of us) not that great considering that i did not have a main meal.....i have given my rating for my experience that evening, i am sure it is not a regular thing as it is always busy and the food looks good, .shame really but the fault lies with the Sandbar....

ourword, Owner at The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

I was saddened to read your review. I remember Monda telling me about your meal. I believe because the meal came with English Asparagus, which is expensive, and that had all been eaten, the WRONG decision was taken in charging you for it. We do apologise, and next time you come in for a drink, I will buy you a glass. take care Louise

Reviewed May 26, 2013

These guys at the Sand Bar are good and they know what they are doing. They clearly value their customers and want them to have a great experience. We were seated in the upstairs restaurant and enjoyed an early dinner which was beautifully cooked, well served and quite delicious. Great Travelzoo voucher value too. Well done! I thoroughly recommend this restaurant and am sure that we shall return again and again.

ourword, Owner at The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review, we really appreciate when a customer writes something lovely. It makes our job a real joy. We love making people happy, and it is great when we know we have achieved that. Take care Louise

Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife and I often frequent The Sandbar to meet friends for drinks and we have come to know the regular staff quite well. They are always very pleasant and appear to treat every customer efficiently and with care and consideration.
As a couple we generally take advantage of the early bird menue but on a number of occasions during the year our golf society has a block booking for 20 plus and the staff couldn't be more accommodating. The food quality is consistently good and if you are looking to organise a group dinner you should give them serious consideration.

ourword, Owner at The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is always lovely to hear when our hard work is appreciated. Take care.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Nice setting, obviously, Leigh Broadway; but, not enough choice on the early bird menu, appeared as if they were clearing out the freezers, what I did have was ok, but not more than that. Personally, I wouldn't go again, but if your preference is fish, then you will have a bigger choice, when the menu was queried, because it wasn't the same one that was posted on the internet, there was basically a shrug of the shoulders; ho hum, Leigh on Sea, what can you expect.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review, I am so sorry to hear that you felt that the Menu was too limited for you. Unfortunately, it sounds like you were not properly looked after but I have spoke to the member of staff in question. Should you decide to return to our Restaurant, please ask for Louise, and if I am not available then leave your name and number and I will call you back. Hopefully we can cook something you like. Please also be aware that we are primarily a Seafood Restaurant and the only food kept in the freezer is Whitebait. Once again I am so sorry you felt that your experience was less than satisfactory and hopefully next time we can remedy that. Take care.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had a business lunch here with some associates. Being lunchtime, I opted for a light meal; Avocado & lentil salad, with a small bowl of 'Fat Chips' to share. The salad was quite honestly the best salad that i have had. The salad was fresh and had some unusual ingrediants that you do not get everywhere.
The surroundings & the Decor are lovely in this restaurant.