“Family at full strength” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rococo - CLOSED

Rococo
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Family at full strength”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Last Sunday we had a lovely lunch for 8. We were seated upstairs & the service was great.
The set menu had about 5 or 6 choices of each course but all 8 of us only chose two variations of each.
We did however all agree that we had chosen well as the two course (starter & main) was delicious but left no room for a sweet.

England
“How did I forget about this place..?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

I hadn't been here for a couple of years - I suppose it just slipped from my mind... I'm always looking for decent, local restaurants serving great quality food. They're actually harder to find than you may think. I was invited to Rococo yesterday for lunch and it really was very good indeed. Warm and welcoming staff upon arrival, great attentive service and the most important thing: Fantastic food! Perfectly cooked, generous portions with flavour to match. Raved about it to my wife and we're going back Sunday for lunch with our young daughter. It's always good to rediscover an old favourite. The current owners/chef/staff have it just right - well done.

• Visited December 2013
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“No customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Went to this restaurant with friends for a Xmas meal, starters were lovely, one main course came up that had not been ordered, the waitress (who later told us was the manager) said totally her fault and had written the wrong meal down. So she said would get the chef to cook the meal she had ordered, 25 to 30 minutes later the meal appears, obviously we had all eaten our meals by now, so our friend ate alone, which was not what we had planned! Granted she apologised, but no offer of a complimentary drink or desert (that she later claims she did!), these things happen, but you normally get a gesture of goodwill....but all we got was a slanging match, Rococo's if it WAS your manager who was dealing with us friday night, she needs to go on a customer service course, before she loses you more customers. When we came to pay, we asked politely for a gesture of goodwill, to which she replied...well u ate it didn't u? We then put the money (£8 less than the bill total) on the desk, to which she said she would take off £5 and no more...so basically wanted to row about £3, of which then became a principle on our part. The conversation got heated, she threatened to phone the police (which we were perfectly happy for her to do) and then took photographs of us when we left in our car?....all very mature and well handed by the Manager?! I suggest you have words with your staff, and teach them how to handle a situation...all that was needed was when the bill was put on the table, an apology, we have taken a glass of wine off the bill to say sorry...and we would have happily paid the full bill with a tip...but the way she spoke to us will ensure I tell as many people in Leigh what an appalling night we had.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank betty d
“A Gem of A Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Just love this restaurant, this was my third visit this month and it never fails to impress. The staff are always friendly, the food well prepared and presented. An excellent value for money Venue.

Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable meal. Worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Probably the best I've had in the area and would highly recommend. The food was excellently cooked and presented. The menu was well balanced and the service excellent. As to value for money I was very pleasantly surprised.

• Visited November 2013