“Best restaurant in la Azhoia” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Antipodas Tavern

Antipodas Tavern
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in La Azohia
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Description: Open every day from 11am until late.Kitchen opens from 12:00 until 4:30pm and from 19:00 until 23:00 every day July and August.Bar open all day, with a great view from the terrace of the harbour and bay beyond as well as a mountain backdrop. Good informal seating areas as well as a nice dining room inside with big picture windows to enjoy the view. Water vapour system installed on the terrace to allow customers to enjoy the summer and stay comfortably cool whilst eating. Families and children always welcome.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant in la Azhoia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Been to this restaurant many times over the last 5 years. Location, staff & food are always excellent. When I arrive in La Azhoia it's always the first place I head for, even it's 2300 hrs you are always welcomed with a friendly smile.
Relax over a drink or meal watching the world go by, pity you can't attach photos although you have to experience the vist yourself in person to appreciate it.

Don't miss out on a visit to Antipodas.

2 Thank Phil B

Mazarron, Spain
“Excellent service , staff & food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

This is the first time that we have eaten in Antipodas Tavern at the weekend. Generally we take our clients and family members during the week. I phoned and got the table I requested, the staff could not be more attentive and the food was excellent along with the quality. The view is to "die for" and while everybody is entitled to their opinion from our experience of a limited number of visits during the year we (or visitors we have recommended it to) have never experienced the issue that some of the negative comments that have been made have experienced. The staff are all working hard and are polite and obliging. If you want something fast then go to a burger chain!!!!! Quality takes time - as do memories.

1 Thank HenryandMin
chris m, Owner at Antipodas Tavern, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for your positive review - much appreciated by us all.
Varmdo, Sweden
“Perfekt location, bad staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

We visited the restaurant three times during our stay in the area this holiday. The first two visits were great but the third visit was a disaster. Two of our party didn´t get their food and when we pointed this out to the waiter we where told that it had been missed and that it would take 5 minutes more. Ok, we said, that thing could happen anywhere.... We waited 30 minutes !! Than we asked the waiter again. The waiter said: but I've already told you that they're working on it! After another 30 minutes I went into the kitchen to ask where the food where , and the waiter raised his voice and said: The kitchen works with your food! I then asked about "la quenta" and we left the restaurant very disappointed , and two of os still hungry!! . VERY rude attitude. Too bad for such a wonderful place! We will return next time to try if the service is better. Excellent food , excellent location but bad service.

• Visited June 2012
4 Thank Susanne1955
chris m, Owner at Antipodas Tavern, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for your review - I and my team have been working incredibly hard to make this restaurant as enjoyable as possible for our customers, so I am somewhat suprised to have two reviews in two days reporting my waiters as rude.
Over the years we have become more and more focused on customer service. we fed over 40 thousand people last year (with the same team of waiters) and although we were at times criticised (justifiably) for speed of service, never were my team accused of being rude. We are all upset to hear you feel this way.
I hope you understand that we want all our customers to be happy, and I would welcome the chance to talk to you personally to better understand what has gone wrong with your group.
Malmo, Sweden
“Great view, terribel service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Great views

We were a large party which was totally fascinated by the view, but unfortunately the staff was not nice at all. There were several in our group who ordered the same dish, but it took over half an hour between the first person got their food to the last in our party got his food. And we have ordered the same dish! We would have liked to eat together, we were not more than 8 people including children. When we pointed this out to staff, they just shook their heads. One piece of advice to the owner: Replace the serving staff and hire some service minded individuals. With the high unemployment in Spain, it can not be that hard to find better, more pleasant serving staff than the current one.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Janne A
, Owner at Antipodas Tavern, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank You for yor review. I am sorry that your meal was served in such a haphazard manner and would like to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to improve the service levels our customers recieve. We rarely get complaints of this fashion nowdays, but of course one is one too many and again I apologise for spoiling your visit. I have passed on your comments to my waiting staff (and added a few of my own) to ensure they understand the issues you have raised.
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
“Great food Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

We ate at this Restaurant 3 times on our recent visit to the area.
The service was excellent as was the food.
We ate twice at lunchtime enjoying the most tasty salads and once during the evening when our party of 6 chose a variety of meals from their main menu.
All of the food was served to a high standard and i would recommend a visit to this establishment without question.
We are already planning a return visit.

1 Thank Bazcar