“Donnie and Shirley”

Dining options: Reservations
thurso
“Donnie and Shirley”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Donnie and Shirley always make sure you get 5 star food and service one of the best places to eat in Caithness they will catering for any special request great Roast on every Sunday

Visited July 2013
1 Thank smith12Thurso

Halkirk, United Kingdom
“carvery to die for”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Amazing Sunday carvery, good value and great food... the staff were very helpful and the venue surprisingly roomy, only problem was finding parking but worth doing!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Ruan P
Thurso, United Kingdom
“Customer service?”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have eaten at the Northern Sands a number of times over the last couple of years. Last time my family attempted to go for lunch there, the waitress informed us that we were too late to order (at just past 1.30) so we had to eat elsewhere. Previously (on a Sunday visit) I was told I could not park in the main car park as I would get in the way of 'regulars' coming for their Sunday roast - despite me telling the man (who was dressed in chef whites) that I was supposed to be dining there..... When I have actually managed to procure a meal here, the food has been very good. But customer service? Hmmmmm - I think the kindest thing I can say is that it can be a little hit-and-miss, depending on who you are dealing with. A shame, because when we dine out en famille(which is quite frequent), we rarely spend less than £100...

Visited June 2012
Corsham
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fab food... would highly recommend, the restaurant was packed and service and food was faultless.”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Nothing to say... all was good good, good and would highly recommed and stay at the hotel and a meal in the restaurant.

Visited March 2013
London UK
“The Munsters meet Michelin!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I love the food here. Always fresh and cooked to order. Menu is thoughtfully compiled and really well cooked and presented. Great atmosphere especially when you have walked a couple of miles to get here! Fires always ablaze in the chilly months and the local people in the bar always make a stranger welcome. My sister is a vegetarian and it was no problem at all for the chef to cook her a great meal that was not a salad or egg and chips! It was Christmas 2011 when we were here staying in Brough. We ate here many times and always had an enjoyable experience. The Munsters reference is my interpretation of the Hotel decor, all lovely old fashioned and quirky...stayed many times also and LOVE that it has not changed over the years. :)

• Visited December 2012