“Auchtermuchty Sandwich - Yummm”
Review of Piper's Pitch

Piper's Pitch
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Craster
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: A unique catering facility with passion and honesty. Providing an experience of freshly cooked food including the unique Craster kipper N bun and the world famous Auchtermuchty.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We went for a lovely walk to Dubstanburgh castle and having read the review for Pipers Pitch (by the Visitors centre in the car park) we stopped there on the way back to the car.
We were not disappointed, there was a good selection of sandwiches all freshly made for you. The service was very friendly service and the Auchtermuchty Sandwich with Rothbury Raser relish was delicious and the chicken royale sandwich was not to be sniffed at.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Do go to the Pipers Pitch ( outdoor snacks) if you visit Caster.He parked by the visitor centre and sells the most tasty sandwiches . Peter Kay thought garlic bread was the futur but he's never tried the auchtermchty.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a really great food stall and on a dry day is even an outside café! They have chairs and tables or of course one can take the food onwards to that BEST of walks, to Dunstanburgh castle. BUT I can bet your takeaway will have been devoured LONG before reaching the site. the whole atmosphere is good. Clean, fresh, pleasant chefs and coffee in a cafetiere!? It is better than the café at the far end of the village where the food is equally good but the coffee??

1  Thank sue b
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My children and I often play the 'What's your favourite food?' game. For me, after going through oysters, steak tartare and frites on the slopes etc., I always come back to the Auchtermuchty sandwich from Piper's Pitch. The Craster kipper in a bun is great, my wife tells me, but I just can't pass up the opportunity of an Auchtermuchty. This is the very best fast food, and is indelibly associated with this beautiful piece of the Northumbrian coastline. The tea and coffee wouldn't win awards I guess, served as it is in polystyrene cups, but for me it's all wrapped up in the experience. Definitely worth a detour!

1  Thank Sma19