“If you like crabs - this is the place”

The Jolly Fisherman Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Jolly Fisherman Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 5 Restaurants in Craster
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Our usual lunchtime haunt wasn't there, so we decided to try The Jolly Fisherman pub and were not disappointed. I chose the crab sandwich which was packed with the brown meat as well as white. My friend had the ham sandwich which was carved off the bone and declared delicious.

The week after Easter, lunchtime and the place was very busy, and looking around most people were having either the crab soup, crab sandwich or a most interesting looking assortment of shell fish served on the wooden platter with the delicious bread.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,041)

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Lovely renovated restaurant in stunning location with great views out to sea. We were there in early Spring during cold spell would be a fantastic on a nice warm summers day.
The food lived up to expectations and could not be faulted well worth a visit.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I recently visited the Jolly Fisherman for lunch as my Mam had reccommended it to me. We arrived approximatly 12:45hrs and were lucky enough to get a seat with amazing views over the sea. The pub was packed with diners and people who had just called in for a drink. I had the Kipper pate with dough bread which was absolutley gorgeous, I could have done with a little more if I am being honest, as I was not completly full with the portion but overall it was very tasty. My partner had the Jolly Fish platter which was fab, Crab, Smoked salmon, Prawns, Roll mop Herring, Kipper pate with bread and salad. Beautiful. Overall I would reccommend this for food and a lovely seaside atmosphere. I will be back! I would suggest getting there at the beginning of lunch service to guarentee a table as people were struggling to get one still, when we left approximatly 14:00.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Went there twice on a recent trip to the area, Really good food in brilliant location with fantastic views whilst dining. Can get really busy but worth the wait or walk up to Dunstanburgh castle if you haven't booked.
Nice choice of ales

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was the first time we visited the Jolly Fisherman and we were very impressed with the recent renovation which is contemporary and very fitting with the pub's name. The food was superb and the view we had from our table out over the sea added to our enjoyment of the evening. The staff were very friendly which is just what you expect from Northumbrian people they always make you feel very welcome and that nothing is too much trouble.