“Very poor”

Ranked #4 of 5 Restaurants in Craster
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Very disappointing - terrible service. Not family friendly at all. Took my mother and father in law and small children and found the sound were just so unfriendly.

2  Thank Tara770

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I had been to the Shoreline Cafe last year and had really enjoyed our visit and the food and cakes we had! On a return visit yesterday we were not disappointed, I had a really great ploughmans lunch consisting of delicious home cooked ham, cheddar and brie cheeses pickles french bread salad and apple. Mark had a Craster Kipper which he said was superb. After our walk to Dunstanburgh Castle we returned for coffee and cake. we were made to feel welcome even though we were the last customers before closing. We would highly recommend this lovely bright and airy cafe. If you are lucky to get a table at the back of the cafe you can watch the waves role in! I cant understand why others have put such awful reviews on trip adviser about this cafe.Perhaps you are the same type of people as a woman we saw in there yesterday who brazenly took an avocado from her bag to eat in the cafe and must have misguidedly thought this was ok!!! We will definitely be going back next time we are in the area and I am very choosy about where I eat, smiles work both ways!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Can't understand some of the reviews regarding service. We've been in August and January and the staff have always been lovely, very friendly and welcoming. No, they don't greet you at the door with a formulaic monologue or fawn over you but who wants that? This is a cafe in a fishing village but has better customer service and food than many swish city establishments. Once we arrived just before closing but were welcomed and not rushed as we finished our drinks. Rare to find a place that allows dogs (even our giant, clumsy lurcher) and is yet pristine with really good food. Thanks to all the staff (who were very smiley when we visited!).

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I wish I had been able to read the Tripadvisor reports before stumbling upon this place after a January walk but c'est la vie. Only one other couple present at the time and although food served promptly, it was not done in a welcoming manner and at £7.95 for a crab sandwich I expected more than what virtually amounted to crab paste. Where was the crabmeat? Wish I had opted for the cream tea my wife had which was much better value. Not the worst place I have eaten but will not be returning and next time I go to Craster will make sure I eat elsewhere either before or after.

2  Thank Geoff W
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Went here for a coffee and a snack after walking to Dunstanburgh Castle on a very wet and windy day. It was amazingly warm after being out in the cold, the coffee was hot and delicious and the food very tasty. Very quaint little cafe. Would recommend.