“A nice stay at guruvayur.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mayura Residency

Mayura Residency
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Guruvayur
Thrissur, India
“A nice stay at guruvayur.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had been to this hotel last december for 2 days. We were a group of 6 including my mother and my 2 yr old son. The location is good , rooms are well maintained , and the staff were very helpful.Though it is quite near to the temple, it is not as easily walkable as u may think particularly for elderly. Getting an auto from there can take time occasionally but the security person did it for us. Nice. Food was very good but quite expensive for what you get. I think cost of food was the only thing that prevented me from rating it as excellent. Overall a very good option for guruvayur visit. Surely recommend.

Room Tip: Having food from outside is far more economical. There are excellent restaurents just in front of th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank drpbmeleth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had traveled along with family in last 3 days of April. I had called up the hotel about 20 days prior to my journey. Given that it is marriage season, they had asked me to remit one days rent in advance to their bank account and they confirmed the booking immediately thereafter.

I have stayed in this hotel in the past and feel that overall they have managed to retain the facilities to the extent possible. The overall upkeep is very good and the ambience is excellent given a pilgrim center like Guruvayur.

We stayed in the Mayura suite which comes to you at a cost of INR 4.5k per day which is steep. However we needed space for my child and hence decided to take the room. While there are no regrets in terms of the quality of the room, the bath fittings are old and need to be replenished to justify the cost. This is not something you would want to get at 4.5K in Guruvayur.

Vicinity is a big plus given that you have just a 4-5 minute walk down to the temple. The staff are very courteous and helpful. They arranged all my travel in and around the city and the vehicle provided was also very good. If you visit there, do ask if Ajit (driver) is free since he is quite good.

The room service and restaurant needs a serious upgrade as does the menu which they offer. The staff some how make up and put up the breakfast (which is complementary) in the morning. The other orders during the day come to you at snails pace. What is not understandable is that even items like Tea and Coffee take that time. When questioned I was informed about staff shortage which I would not like to here as a customer.

After about a day, there was a restaurant manager Mr. K J Thomas who atleast ensured that guests are being attended to without delay. He used to personally visit each guest and atleast enquire about the requirements and ensured they are catered to. There was another guy (dont recollect the name) who was also very welcoming but even he was held up by the inordinate delay from the cook I guess. Their kitchen staff need a serious dressing down :(

The food quality was ok though Breakfast was the best amongst the choices available. We found the other options to be too oily.

The hotel can easily do simple things right so that we as customers feel happy. I have mixed feelings about my stay this time and would definitely look at options before my next trip. However, the service pace is something which I found to be slow across Kerala. May be its my own expectation mismatch coming from a city like Mumbai.

Room Tip: Check for the standard deluxe room which may not be all that small for a family of 2 adults and 2 ch...
Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Myself and the family enjoyed the hospitality of the Hotel stay .
Hotel was in close proximity to the temple.
Overall staff interest was good .
Would like to stay in this hotel onceagain,
Except for a small delay in some service request , overall it was fine

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I visited Guruvayur with my family between April 11th and 13th, 2013. Decided to book rooms in Mayura based on the Trip Advisor reviews. Happy to say that the stay lived up to the ratings. The rooms were clean and the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet was included with the room rent and it was good quality. One area for improvement could be that the restaurant did not have much to offer for people who prefer south indian veg cuisine except for Thali meals. We did try the North Indian and Chinese items and they were quite tasty but we would have appreciated the availability of items like Dosas, Vada, Idly, Upma, Pongal, Poori etc during Lunch and Dinner times also (they were present in the Breakfast buffet though).

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

The room was clean and functional. The bathroom was clean but could do with some maintenance. The staff was accommodating and helpful. The lobby is beautifully decorated with murals from Guruvayur. They had breakfast included in the price of the room. The temple is a 10 min walk from the hotel. Overall good service and clean room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had visited guruvayur in last month with our family.At that time i decided to stay in mayura residency.Mainly the hotel atmosphere was very devotional and pleasantly.Especially there are some beautiful mural paintings attracted me very much.Our staying in mayura was very nice and happy experience to me. All the staffs were friendly and helpful.We got all the temple details and informations from the reception.And also they arranged a special temple darsan to me and our family.The rooms and bathrooms very clean and spacious and always had hot water facility.The restaurant food was very tasteful.Our dinner and breakfast in your hotel were very nice.I would like to say thanks to all the staffs and management.Defenitly we will stay there again

Neethu
Bangalore

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank neethu g
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

With a hankering for north Indian food I decided to try Mayura, because I had seen the banners for their food fests couple of times whenever I passed through. The first thing that stuck me was the fact that the staff came forward to help you. Amazing feeling to feel so important. The next thing that stuck me was the correct temperature. Walking in from the heat of the day it was a cool respite and the music was a mix of movie songs which were pleasant but not jarring. The staff was most cordial and helpful. Had the softest phulkas. The cold coffee wasn't that cold bt I didn't mind... definitely worth a repeat... They have an Icecream fest coming soon. Hoping to go n try it once... good place for family stays for visits to Guruvayur.

Hope for improvements next time...

Room Tip: Good place if u want to be close to da temple yet away from the din... :)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo