“value of money”
Review of Gokulam Resort

Gokulam Resort
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Guruvayur
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Close to temple, Good staff ,clean hotel. The resort they don't have restaurant but u can get near by some veterinarian restaurant.The room had very good space and living room also.you will get wife at lobby. we stayed in no-ac room and we open the window when sleeping time too much Mosquito cant sleep properly. Only an advice try to go for A/c room then will be ok.

Room Tip: rooms on the first floor corner was good
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ajithgwarrier1

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Let me break this review into Room, Staff, Location & service
Room: I would give it 4 Stars, as it is a big room with a working(!) fridge & A/C if there is power :)
It has a big Queen bed which can comfortably handle a couple with their 2 yr old daughter (for parents who know how a toddler sleeps :D). Then a separate seating area adjacent to room for having food along with a "L" shaped sofa, where comfortably 4 persons can sit and have a discussion. So overall room was really good for the price!
Staff: I would say they are average, as it goes, I specifically asked for ground floor room and confimred it 3 days before trip also, by calling the hotel and reserving it! But they gave me room in first floor :), I had my old age parents & granny along with us, so they have to climb up the stairs :(. No elevator is available as well. Parking can only accomodate 3 cars, so on a busy season, I am not sure what will be done!
Location: It is 5 min walk to West Nada and 1 min walk to nearby eatery. The location of this hotel is hard to find as it is situated in a 10 feet sub-road (very tricky). But considering the promity of temple, we can have 3 stars.
Service: It is 50 - 50 as i have mentioned earlier, intercom, fridge and all other stuff only works well when there is power and each power outage gen-backup takes 5 mins, so you have to spend time in dark not-knowing when u might get power back. Also, my Parents along with granny was staying in separate room and their intercom did not work, so we had to haggle a lot to get some attention. Overall 2.5 stars.
I have given an average rating, but if you are bargain hunter, do not miss this one :)

Room Tip: Rooms on ground floor should be choosen.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Gokul_alex
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Clean Hotel, with friendly staff. Very close to the temple. The food is good and restaurant is very clean and the staff friendly. Ample Parking place. I would advise to book in advance as during weekends there can be quite a rush at Guruvayur.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank VinodPonoth
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My stay in Gokulam Resort was really memorable to me and family.very good and clean room.Bathroom is tiny but it is very clean.there is no restaurants in the hotel but one veg restaurant is very close to hotel.I personally very much thank full to hotel people especially reception people because my visit was in a very crowded day.Hotel has a facility to arrange easy dharsan in temple,it was very helpfull to me.I can finish dharsan with in half hour.Distance from temple to resort is only 1 minite walking .
It is definitly recommendable to others.

Room Tip: Ground floor is nice because there is no lift facility.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank kenadathvipinkumar
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I had stayed in gokulam on 11 th of January. it was very comfortable stay for us.
Rooms are very clean & neat. I took 2 rooms .One for me & family and another of my parents.
My parents are aged. there is no lift in the hotel even though hotel people arranged ground floor for us. main thing is the bathrooms is very clean. hotel located very near to temple.
very good room service from staff.

Room Tip: for elder people select ground floor or first floor rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Raghunandantm
Gokulam, Manager at Gokulam Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Thanks you very much for the review.
Thank u very much for giving good rating.
We will try our level best for better service,Clean & comfortable stay.
Thanks & Best Regards
For Gokulam Resorts

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a big No No . I booked the hotel thinking it was a resort. The name itself is misleading.
The service is poor. The rooms are untidy. The bedsheets are not clean. It looks and feels more like a lodge than a hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank lakshmi p
Reviewed December 10, 2013

very good and neat hotel. Fit for family staying.
Provided car parking.
For Rs.1500, you are getting Bed Room/Visitors small Hall/Kitchen like ...
Rooms as well as the ways leading to the rooms are kept clean.
AC working 24 hours, even when Power is not there.
Good reception and people with decent manners.
The person who serves you knows better English and also very pleasant and polite.
Most of all, this hotel is very near to the temple..
This was my 3rd stay in this hotel with family.

Room Tip: All Rooms are good. Please have the rooms in the First Floor to avoid heat
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family