Most people who goto Guruvayoor (aka Guruvayur) in kerala prefer to stay for 1 or 2 days maximum, finish their pooja / offerings to Lord Krishna and go back.
They prefer a hotel with clean sheets, running hot water, with generator backup for electricity and proximity to the Temple.
This Gokulam Resorts fulfills all that. Am glad i chose it.
1. Clean beds and sheets
2. Split A/C instead of the usual old type Window model.
3. Affordable: i paid Rs.990/- ($25) per night for the A/C deluxe. The billing is 24 hours.
4. Always running hot water in taps. No need to ask/request hotel staff for the same.
5. The room has an attached room in the front.
6. Has television (but no premium channels).
7. Generator: This is important. Electricity is not available in this town and without a Generator to run the fans, it becomes HOT.
8. About 100 meters from temple. But it points to West Nada (which is the backside of the temple).
9. Staff are extremely friendly and accomodate reasonable requests quickly.
10. Room service is available
1. The temple's main entrance is in East Nada. This means you enter from the backside of the temple (from the Gokulam resorts), and walk about 200 meters more to main entrance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located near the West Nada right in front of the Guruvayur Temple. Just walking distance to the Temple. Our each deluxe bedroom is fully furnished with king size bed, fridge, Television, 24hrs hot and cold water, internet, sight seeing, Laundry, Money exchange facility etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Gokulam Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gokulam Resort Guruvayur, Kerala