Lowest prices for your stay
$120
View deal
Free cancellation until 07/02/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Priceline
Expedia.com$120
Orbitz.com$120
Travelocity$120
All reviews excellent weekend full irish breakfast mash chowder connemara area enjoyed my stay lovely room lovely hotel eddie guidelines guinness proprietor galway receptionist
Selected filters
Reviewed July 22, 2017

If you want to experience the true hospitality of Connemara then come to the Fairhill - and if you can't stay a few nights, at least savour a pint and the finest food in the West at Eddie's Bar... I have been coming here for 50 years and it just gets better and better.
NOT TO BE MISSED. You have not experienced the West if you have not been to Eddie's.

Room tip: Just ask Eddie
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Eddies Bar C, General Manager at Fairhill House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Thank you for your kinds. It is lovely to hear such positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

We loved this hotel ! Great location in Clonbur for my brother in law fishing on Logh Corrib, and for exploring Connemara and Mayo . The rooms are spacious , our bedroom had a balcony , dinner and breakfast both excellent. The staff are delightful
We travel a lot and I can honestly say this would be among my top ever hotel experiences !! And what value for money !!

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Eddies Bar C, General Manager at Fairhill House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

Thank you for reviewing Fairhill House Hotel***. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

This was such a cute hotel. The village is close to Ashland Castle (we did the Hawk Walk) and Cong, but far enough away not to be overwhelmed with tourists. The room was a nice size and bed was fairly large. It was also nice to have the balcony overlooking the village. My husband and I stayed there two nights, so we ate our included breakfast twice (great choices), and had dinner once. All were great. The workers were all very kind and outgoing and didn't seem to mind answering our questions. If we had time, I would have loved to stay in this area longer, a ton of places surrounding to visit and even fish (if that's your thing). Be sure to also visit the pup across the street, it was great as well!
This hotel didn't offer laundry services, but there is a village within 15 mins drive that does. We dropped it off in the afternoon and picked it up the next morning. I can't recall the name of the village, but if you Google "laundry" nearby it will pop up!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Eddies Bar C, Manager at Fairhill House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2017

Thank you for taking time to review Fairhill House Hotel***. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay we stay with us. We are indeed very lucky to live in such a beautiful part of Ireland with lots to see and do on our doorstep.

Reviewed April 22, 2017

An absolute gem of a hotel & restaurant. Incredibly friendly staff, great value, comfortable rooms & food that had me eating here for the entire three nights of my stay in Galway/Mayo. I know it is marked three star but I would consider this five star for friendly & helpful staff and sheer value for money. I've stayed in higher rated, more expensive hotels that don't hold a candle to this place. But be warned - the full Irish breakfast is so generous you won't eat again before the evening!

Room tip: From what I can gather, all the rooms are very quiet.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Eddies Bar C, Manager at Fairhill House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Fairhill House Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind Regards,

Eddie Lynch

Reviewed February 13, 2017

Family run hotel great for sightseeing and fishing. In between two Lough's and close to Cong town for the quite man experience and Ashford Castle. Great base you can slip down into Connemara as well. Food is good and not a bad price if you ask for an extra scoop of spuds it was no problem. The bar is old style with many old artifacts that give it a homely feel.. traditional flag stone floor and a roaring fire. It also has a modern function room at the back. Would be great place for a family reunion. Rooms are modern and comfy with wi-fi. Breakfast is to die for. Will be back.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Eddies Bar C, Owner at Fairhill House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2017

Thank you Dominic for such a kind review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we would like to see you here again.

Kind Regards