“Couldn't ask for better!”

Ponta Gamboozini Lodge
Ashdod, Israel
“Couldn't ask for better!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Gamboozini was a highlight of my trip! Everyone there was beyond welcoming and hospitable. The accommodation is beautiful, the food is great and the location is superb. I can't say enough about the people who run this place, because they are just amazing. Anything you could ever need is provided and then some. They make a real effort to make you feel comfortable and I would never, ever stay any place else in Ponta!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank lboekema

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Travelled here as a part as a volunteer group, and we all had such a great stay. The staff did everything they could to make all 18 of us feel at home. The property was a 5 minute walk from the beach. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Ponta!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank aligen2000
Accra, Ghana
Reviewed April 30, 2013

One thing that is excellent at Gamboozini lodge, is the service, everything that we needed or asked for was catered for. In saying that, I was very disappointed at the "unclean" feel I had in the room. The thing that really put me off, was the very dirty Mosquito net, which was dirty and dusty, and had old blood spats on it. The shower/bathroom is big and clean.
Apparently this kind of accomodation is standard for Ponto do Ouro.
Overall basic and okay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark v, Owner at Ponta Gamboozini Lodge, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
On behalf of the Gamboozini Lodge, I am extremely apologetic towards your unacceptable stay. I do not compare our lodge to the others in Ponta but rather to the standard I would expect the place to be. For me 'average' is not acceptable and have already instructed the staff to take down all mosquito nets and have them either replaced or cleaned so that they look new. We strive to provide our guests with a rustic but clean and special experience and I do apologize if your stay was not as you had hoped in regards to the cleanliness. I am most grateful for your honest feedback - we need this so that we can continually improve the quality of the lodge. Again thank you for your feedback and rest assure that we have already made improvements regarding the mosquito nets.

Greetings,
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This lovely lodge is laying on a hill 5 min away from the beach. When you arraive there are these beutifull self build houses and nice nature. The personal (Shaun and Pedro) is really friendly and can help you out with annything. The best of all is that they are good cooks and everything they make is great. Beside the good cooking there is a cosy bar with good local bear. If your'e looking for a real Mozambique experience and a afortable place to stay go to this lodge. We had a awsome time!

Thanks Shaun and Pedro!

Joost & Joep

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank joostpielage
Mark v, Owner at Ponta Gamboozini Lodge, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I am so very happy to see this review - it means a lot to me that when I am not there, that the staff is just as concerned about making sure our guests have an enjoyable stay. We are a rustic place and our mission is to make our guests feel at home. I am most grateful for your kind review and for mentioning personally Sean and Pedro - thank you.

Greetings
Durban
Reviewed February 24, 2013

EXCELLENT!!!
I would like to thank Marc, Shaun, Frans for an amazing stay.
Clean and tidy lodge just 6 mins to the beach where my wife and I snorkled swam in the crystal clear blue warm waters.
The atmosphere at the lodge is fun and friendly. every member of staff goes out of their way to help you and entertain you with stories, music and great food.
If you are looking for somewhere to stay that is fun, friendly and relaxing... this is the place.
Thank you Gamboozini see you again soon.
Steve & Ellysa

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so glad that you came back with your wife and that both of you had a good time. We all definitely enjoyed your company and I am grateful for your feedback. This really helps us to see that we are doing things correctly. I hope to see you again!

Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed January 23, 2013

What a fantastic stay with Mark and family during the December holidays!! Mark is always so interested in your well being and always very helpfull. Accommodation is basic but comfortable and clean. Mark and his kitchen staff spoils you with the most delicious meals at real affordable prices. The pub is great all guest meet at the pub/diningroom area. This is a great way to meet people from all over the world and within in days you feel part of aq huge family. I can deffinately recommend this lodge as it is part of the mozabique experience and it is close to the beach!
Dreyer & Merinda South Africa

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark v, Owner at Ponta Gamboozini Lodge, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
An honest review is always the best kind of review and I am so grateful for your kind review about the lodge. When guests who can afford a more luxurious place come and stay and enjoy the clean and rustic simplicity it really means a lot to me as the owner. Thank you for your stay we really enjoyed your company as well - perhaps next time you are here we will take some Tuna from your catch for a big fish braai!

Greetings from Ponta
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This lodge goes above and beyond to satisfy each and every guest. The rooms are clean and are comfortable to sleep in. The food is brilliant and the bar is cheap. The staff meet all exceptions when travelling and make you feel right at home. Only a short walk to the beach and the local markets. Marks Dinners are the absolute highlight. Gamboozini has to be one of the most wonderful and enjoyable places to stay in Ponta .

Thanks mark

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Hah - We like to have fun at the Gamboozini Lodge and sure are pleased when our guests also enjoy themselves, that is the whole point after all! For some it may take longer than others to wind down and relax but usually everyone does and it is great to see this happen - it means that we are doing something right! Glad that you had a nice stay.

Greetings from Ponta
Just in Time Prime Holiday Resort
Vista Alta Lodge & Spa
Vista Alta Lodge & Spa
#2 of 3 in Ponta Malongane

Been to Ponta Gamboozini Lodge? Share your experiences!