“New building, not a country hotel!”
Review of Bay Hotel

Bay Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kinghorn
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here on 20 Oct 2012 when attending the Wishbone Ash gig at Lochgelly. (Great band and they get better)

Nice new building with well equiped but not a large room (it was small) however the website didnt say it was in the middle of a caravan park. Bit like a holiday camp with hundred of static caravans around. The grounds were cramped.

Nice polite helpful staff and the food was good and prompt but the room I stayed in was very noisy from a wedding party down below. It did finish at midnight however. Strange plumbing noises.

Fantastic views to the south if you get the right room and from the resturant/bar.

Yes it is ok but dont expect a country hotel, ask for a quiet room if you are visiting.

They dont allow dogs

Room Tip: Make sure there isnt a wedding or a party going on, if there are then get a room well away from the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I stayed in The Bay hotel with a groupon offer. We upgraded our room to The Executive Suite ( I would highly recommend this suite). The hotel is beautiful and situated on the shore front, the views are amazing. Our room was very nice it had modern decor and we had a balcony. The room also had an upstairs where our bed was, the windows in front of the bed were floor to ceiling size and made waking up in the morning that little bit special when waking up to that view. The restaurant food was delicious, the breakfasts were nice with loads to choose from. The dinner menu was lovely with a great variety (I highly recommend the sirloin steak - it was the best I have ever tasted). The only bad point I would mention is the pool area could be doing with an upgrade, it doesn't fit in with the standard of the hotel, but the hotel is situated at a caravan park so the pool is more suited for that. I would highly recommend this hotel and will defo be back for another visit.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I seen they are selling again on groupon , I would nt waste your hard earned cash as the service is rubbish, staff coud not care less and when I asked to see a manager the reply was We are nt a chain we are a private hotel and if your not happy just hand in your room key and leave!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank tony1643
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We went here to celebrate my son`s 18th birthday,and had a great night. The food and service was very good and great value. There were three parties that evening,as well as other diners,but the waitresses still had time for everyone.We will return,thanks.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank purplerain47
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Recently stayed in the hotel for one night. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality on comparison to price.
Room was clean and modern.
Tea, coffee, biscuits, and toiletries all provided as well as a mini fridge and iron and board.
Bed was very comfortable and rooms were a good size.
Never had a chance to use the leisure facilities but would like to go again and make full use of everything next time.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Booked a surprise break for my wife/I,at The Bay Hotel,this hotel overlooks the river fourth towards Edinburgh,we booked a room with a balcony with table/chairs,which suited my wife as she is a smoker,the views are stunning,given we come fromEdinburgh,the walks all look good,can walk out a good 500yds,+round the coastline into burnt island town,beware of tides,hotel has swimming pool,the food is of a very high standard,paid a bit extra for a good steak,which was done to my preference,the staff so helpful,good laugh,entertainment both fri/sat evenings,drinks are reareasonable,this break was great value,a must go again break.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We got married at the Bay Hotel and the whole wedding was perfect. The receptionist was great bringing us ice buckets and really looking after us. Andrew did so well with all his attention to detail. the venue was perect. Everyone loved the meal it was so professionaly presented. A huge thank you to all the staff and management. Breakfast in the morning was delicious.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinghorn
Kingswood Hotel
#1 of 5 in Kirkcaldy
Victoria Hotel
Victoria Hotel
#2 of 5 in Kirkcaldy

Been to Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!