I only dived with billabong because they had a last minute permit for sipadan andi said yes beforei knew it was with them. And I certainly reneged it.there areso many awful things to say about this shop I will just to put it in bullet point
- last minute change to an early morning dive without any notice leaving me having to traipse around the island to inform my buddies
- no greeting when we arrived in the morning, we had to sort out our own gear and only saw our dm when the boat was about to leave
- I knew their gear was crap so I brought mine from another dive shop, my buddy had a broken depth gauge
- dm were useless at finding anything and somehow managed to make one of the worlds best dive sites boring, on the first dive they kept on going back and forwards indicating that there was current, leaving all of us in the water wondering what the heck they were going on about as it was not a strong current
- dm's ignored us completely during the surface interval, Vanessa seemed more interested in her phone
- most seriously, on the last surface interval I had an argument with Otto becuase he wanted to get in the water but my computer was indicating i needed more surface interval due to previous dives. He actually shouted at me " you divemaster, you should know, 45min to one hour thrn you can get back in". He tried to convince me my computer was broken. He then proceeded to spend most of the third dive at deeper than 30 metres which was way below us. This behaviour is dangerous and take this supposed dive opersation from one that is merely bad with customer service and gives you an unpleasant diving experience to a shop that is dangerous.
Dive with them at your own risk but I wouldnt dive with them again if you paid me to.
- Also Known As:
- Billabong Scuba Hotel Pulau Mabul