Sipadan Mabul Resort
T Hotel(Tawau)
$18
  • Room Service
  • Pool
Seaventures Dive Rig(Pulau Sipadan)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
All reviewswater bungalowdive sitesdive masterfishlimited channelslots of hot waterartificial reefmabul resortdiving tripsea lifebaby sharksrestaurant staffper daybuffet styleanswer any questionstawau airporteagle rays
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2010

The beach outside the resort is a bonus, nice scenery. It is mid range price wise but no doubt, it deserves to pay such amount of money to get a great scenery and wonderful snorkeling experience of oceanic marine life there. It is 10 min walking distance to the Mabul Water Bungalow where we do most of our snorkeling activity there. The room is clean with a boutique semi-outdoor shower room where the sunlight dim directly onto the room. It's a pleasure with sitting quietly on the couch of a mini balcony of the room, oversees the beach and enjoy the sunset. Staffs are friendly and knowledgeable too. Rated 4/5. =p

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wennitiong
Reviewed October 5, 2010

This is a place for divers or snorkelers. Your bungalow is perched on stilts over the sea, in a crystal clear ocean with masses of tropical fish swimming by within meters of your room. Food is great (all included in the price); staff very warm and friendly; dive instructors highly trained and professional. This is a gorgeous, memorable place which i higly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2010

What a great place ! The resort is located on a white sandy beach and is a barefoot resort, which means there's sandy pathways to everywhere. Diving organization was second to none, absolutely flawless operation. Good hire gear, good diving boats, excellent divemasters with great local knowledge. Free Wifi, free books, reasonable prices for beer and wine. Food was good on most days with the odd exception. The resort co-operates the Water-Bungalows which are nice but don't thave the same beachy feeling. In my opinion the land resort is the better deal, and less expensive.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank DandemanSYD
Reviewed September 23, 2010

It was a fantastic place for a relaxing getaway. Transfers from Tawau were hassle free. Diving was fantastic, lots of variety and opportunity to get to Sipadan Island. Book early to ensure the necessary permits for diving at Sipadan. Diving around Mabul Island great also. Diving excellently organised and hassle free. Food was fantastic. Never duplicated in 6 days. No shortage of food and never hungry! Beautiful setting. Would highly recommend and would do again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2010

What an amazing place. We were welcomed at Tawau airport after a long flight from the UK. Our luggage did not come with us, however the driver went to a lot of trouble to get details of our luggage and arranged with the airport staff about getting it transfered to the resort when it arrived from KL.
Luckily it came the next day and the resort helped us by keeping in contact with the airport and keeping us in the picture as to where and when it would arrive.

We were made very welcome and given a briefing about the island and the dive activities etc. The daily diving schedule is in the dining room so you are always aware of when and where you are diving so you can choose to do as many dives as you want i.e. all three or just one as you choose and can choose Nitrox (extra cost) or not as you want. Night dives are also available which are great.

We had room no 113 which was great . It was near the dive centre and the restaurant and the pool with a lovely porch where you could hang up wet costumes and sit and enjoy the view.
The staff where amazing always smiling and nothing was too much trouble for them. When we had a problem with the air conditioning it was sorted straight away in fact a new unit was fitted. I managed to make a hole in my toe with sand rubbing in my fins and each day when I went to reception they treated it for me. ( using socks inside the bare foot fins would have prevented the problem!!!!!!!!!!! so after the injury I used socks!!!!!!)

The food was buffet style and really good with salad and fruit always available and specials such as BBQ'S and Sushi ,fried noodles, Tempura batter and sea food etc.
Tea , coffee, water was always available at any time.

The place is so beautiful just like their website with lovely Gardens with palm trees firns flowers etc. The beach is is a beautiful silver sand. While there it really nice to walk around the island. There are a few shops in the local village if you want to buy gifts etc and it is very friendly and safe.

The diving was great and I was lucky to have Yusri as my dive master. He was amazing and great at spotting all the creatures. Together with Ajid who always helped me and was always on hand to pass me my camera etc. Our skipper Rizal was great and always ready to lend a hand as well as to captain the boat very well. The whole team made diving a pleasure and great fun.

While there I got a chance to dive Sipadan twice. Though an early start at 5.30 am it was well worth it. I had the chance to do four dives each day there. The first time I did three and the second four. The diving there though at times viz was not great was still amazing. I got to dive with Turtles, Sharks, Barracuda, Bump-head Parrot fish and so many more unusual and normal reef fish.
While on Sipadan we had great meals there and the island is charming. When there the video man made a video of the trip which was shown in the evening and was available to buy if you wanted. It was a great record of the Sipadan adventure with some great humor in it too.

While there I got to dive at Kapalia and at Siamil island. I was lucky enough to see frog fish, Crocodile fish , Nudibranches , lots of turtles and so much more.

I would like to say a huge thank you to all the staff for making our holiday there such an amazing experience . A special thank you to Yusri and his crew for all their help.We felt very much part of the family and where sorry to leave.

From there we on to Sandakan and a jungle adventure and to Sepilok Orangutan sanctuary then on to Mataking Island. See separate reviews.

A huge thank you to Marcelina at Ultimate Diving for arranging the whole trip.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple