“Good value food, drinks expensive”
Review of The Redhouse Inn

The Redhouse Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Lilleshall
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Red House Inn is a traditional restaurant/bar based on the Shropshire Staffordshire boarder set in Britain's lush green countryside. We are but a stones throw from the hustle and bustle of Telford, Wolverhampton and the Potteries Offering a warm welcome with a feeling of coming home, whether you wish to sit and chat over a glass of wine,eat from our daily carvery or order from our Menu you are guaranteed to be welcomed with a cheerful smile and a helpful heart. We serve only the best quality food homemade and lovingly prepare by our team of highly skilled staff . We specialise in events weddings, birthdays , christenings to name just a few and everything can be tailor made to suit your budget or needs. For information on event's / night's please contact us or take a look on Facebook or visit our website
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a large pub/restaurant which is famed locally for it's good value carvery. Just £4-50 for a choice of meats and as many vegetables as you can eat, although diners would be well advised to avoid the sprouts, cooked from frozen and, as a result, soggy.

Beware, however, this great value food comes at a price.

A pint of ale cost me £3-40, around 20% more than the local going rate. My wife's glass of wine cost a massive £4-55 and this was just the house wine!

On the plus side - and this alone would entice me back in spite of the price of drinks - they have an adult only dining area, but you will need to get there early to get a seat in this part of the pub.

All in all, very good but could be better.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family and I have visited the Red House approximately once a month over the past few years, and we've never been let down. The staff are always welcoming, the quality and quantity of the food is always spot on, and the price of both food and drink is very reasonable. The menu is of reliable pub fare and there's a 'Specials' board that usually has a good variety. there is plenty of parking, the restaurant is spacious, and theres also outdoor seating and a kiddies play area. The only negative is that you have to order at the bar and, at busy times, the queues can get lengthy. Nonetheless, highly recommended!

2  Thank GHMillhouse
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I have been here several times recently for a meal and carvary. The food is always tasty and seems to be of good value. I wouldn't say it was of the most fantastic quality but it does the trick. Service and staff always good. Black pudding starter is great and salads are also tasty. Nothing bad to say for the price of meals

1  Thank Chrisbarret
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Having been disappointed by a visit to another restaurant we tried this one.

The ambiance was wonderful, although busy, the staff were courteous helpful and professional.

The food was well cooked and well presented. A basic menu but good food and good people.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

2  Thank Timothy G
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Have driven past THe Red House hundreds of times and was always a bit put off by the 'bikers night' sign outside. However, wanting a Sunday lunch for the family, we decided to pop in and see. What a complete surprise it was. A huge spacious pub, with tables spaced very nicely apart so you are not sitting on top of the diners next to you. We were met by a cvharming waitress who showed us (wife and two small kiddies) to our table and soon came back with drinks - served with a smile. The food was delivered very promptly, and did not look like it had come from a pastic bag - the two childrens meals were very very large portions, and the chicken nuggets looked as though they were home made. I elected to go for the carvery - what a monster of a plateful - I always like the 'would you like all three meats Sir' question.....
I took my 7 year old daughter to the bar to let her pick her own drink and the lady serving behind the bar was brilliant -she really made it a fun experience for my daughter. Puds were just as good, with the kids chosing a novelty ice cream which meant that the novelty character ice cream holder was a nice little take away souvenir. All told the whole thing for four of us and two rounds of drinks came to about £25.00 Top marks, we will definitely be going back.

3  Thank Howard B