“Last time I stayed here it was poor. Not this time though.”

Holiday Inn Express Swansea East
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llandarcy
Worcester
“Last time I stayed here it was poor. Not this time though.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Usually a Holiday Inn Express hotel is dependable for offering value for money and with a generally bight and modern spec of fitting.

I last stayed in this hotel in 2007 and at that time had to complain that the pillows in the room had that "stink" sadly associated with over use and/or poor upkeep.

Thankfully, that was not the case this time and the hotel delivered all that we could have expected and at superb value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Arabic first
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stay here on a regular basis on our trips to South Wales. It is very handily placed at the junction of the M4 and A465. What makes us return is not only the good quality of the rooms, decor, heating and TV. but the helpfulness and efficiency of the staff. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Book early and online for best deals and try to avoid 6 Nations match days in Cardiff!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the car park and not too close to lift (bit noisy).
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
NicolaPitman, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swansea East, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
It is lovely to read that you are returning guests to our hotel, as it shows that everything that we aim for as a hotel we are doing right. We are very fortunate to have an excellent team who’s priority are ensuring all our guests have the stay they deserved in a high quality environment.

I will ensure that you comments are shared with the team and if I can thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
North Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed for one night on business.
Pros: friendly and helpful staff; priority club recognition; very clean and comfortable room and bathroom that was better than expected for the lower end of the ICH Group - including choice of pillows and good security on room door; close proximity to major roads and well-known eating establishments that are part of big chains; plenty of safe parking spaces.
Cons: once outside your bedroom, the hotel is bland and rather uninspiring; breakfast was rather basic and lacking in quality; there was some background noise from passing traffic, but it wasn't a problem.

Generally, good value for money and ideal for a short business trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Welshman_on_2ur
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was in a position to need an emergency hotel room last Friday, On a planned visit to see my son I had not realised the site my mobile home is on was closed for the weekend.This was after leaving Manchester almost cut off under a foot of snow and a closed M6 making returning home at 1am after an horrendous journey battling snow, rain, sleet,floods, hail, mud and landslides, thunder and lightning. I rang the hotel and asked for best room rate for a 3 night stay. A twin room worked out at £75 including breakfast and we arrived exhausted and were quickly checked in. The room was clean and the breakfast next day absolutely fine. Not much to report you may say but what makes this hotel exceptional is the staff,
I am not going to name names because frankly every single member of staff were outstanding.As if 1 crisis was not enough my sons planned move hit a legal hitch leaving him with nowhere to stay on the Monday we were leaving. I explained to staff the difficulties we were having and they could not have been more helpful. A room was quickly found and when we rolled up with his young baby daughter staff were anxious to make sure all our baby related needs were met. My son is still in residence and I hope I dont get anyone into trouble but the staff are happy to warm up a ready meal for him. Even putting it into a dish and serving him with it. He reports they are constantly smiling and always chatty when he is sitting alone at the bar. In my experience it is rare to get this level of service in most hotels and in my opinion practically unheard of in a chain hotel. If you are thinking of visiting the area dont book anywhere but here and if they cant acommodate you think about changing your dates. Its clean warm friendly and inviting and the staff are that rare breed who actually seem to care about its customers. Holiday Inn use this hotel as a yardstick to which you set the bar for all your establishments

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words expressed, we have most certainly shared your feedback with the team.

We work very hard at ensuring our guests have a first class service at all times during their stay, which you have clearly outlined in your review and we are happy to read that despite your son staying on his own that he was still made to feel welcomed by all the team.

Once again I cannot thank you for your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Morpeth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I use Holiday Inn Express on a regular basis and they all represent reasonable value for money and have always found the bedrooms to be of a similar high standard in both space and modern furnishings.

One thing that does make the difference however is the staff and even more so if you have a problem and more importantly how this is resolved.

This is my third visit to the Holiday Inn Express Swansea and staff have always been excellent but on this occasion Phil (Duty Manager) and Shannon (Receptionist / Bar Person / Chambermaid) were exceptional and the few minor problems I had were resolved immediately and in a friendly, courteous and professional way.

Couple of pillows needed changing in the bedroom and Shannon immediately changed them and then followed up by a telephone call to check that they were the correct firmness something I have only experienced in a five star hotel.

I paid for 24 Hour internet access and it was unacceptably slow and when I reported it to reception was immediately offered a refund and an apology.

If you need to stay in a convenient location in the Swansea area and want excellent accommodation at a reasonable price and be treated as an important guest as opposed to a number the please try the Holiday Inn Express, Swansea and I doubt if you will be disappointed.

Well done Shannon and Phil and other Holiday Inn's and Holiday Inn Express could learn a lot from their excellent customer approach.

Noel Hawkes

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
NicolaPitman, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Swansea East, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind words expressed throughout your review. It is wonderful to read that every time you have stayed at our hotel the service provided has always been excellent and especially on your recent stay where both Phil and Shannon stood out. We pride ourselves on the service on offer to our guests and always aim to ensure that everyone’s stay is provided to a high standard and any issues resolved to our guests satisfaction. It great to hear that the service received during your stay was that of a 5 star level, which is a comment the hotel is very proud of.

Your comments have been shared with the team and both Phil and Shannon have been commended for their service provided to you. May I once again thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again in the near future.
Torquay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed on Boxing night and the next night while we visited family in Swansea. We had a very good deal by booking well in advance. The hotel was spotlessly clean and well kept. The staff were very good. Breakfast was excellent. We will stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
It has been a pleasure reading your review on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Swansea, especially reading that everything including hotel cleanliness, breakfast and the team was excellent. On your next visit why not visit our bar and try our lunch/evening meals which are on offer on a daily basis.

Once again thank you for taking the time to leave your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
Chapel Saint Leonards, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here.
The staff couldnt do enough for you. The rooms clean. Breakfast very good. Comfortable seats in the lounge area. Our kettle broke and I rang reception and a new was brought to the room within five minutes.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Swansea. We are very fortunate to have a passionate team who enjoys ensuring that all our guests have a wonderful stay, and consistently aims to make every guests stay special. We are proud of all services on offer to our guests which includes our complimentary Express Start Breakfast.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your visit, and look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llandarcy
Premier Inn Swansea Waterfront Hotel
Premier Inn Swansea North Hotel
Castle Hotel
Castle Hotel
#2 of 3 in Neath

Been to Holiday Inn Express Swansea East? Share your experiences!