“Delicious and reasonably priced lunch”

Ristorante Locanda Borgo Antico
Ranked #6 of 78 Restaurants in Recco
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

We stumbled across this lovely place on our way to Genova. It is full of local people and very reasonably priced. We had the set lunch menu which had some great local specialities. We also had the local foccacia with cheese inside. The staff are very friendly and helpful, too. Highly recommend stopping by for a visit.

Date of visit: February 2019
Write a reviewReviews (350)

Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

We were lucky enough to spend an evening at the Borg Antico. We had a set menu of delicious seafood, accompanied by great local wine and delicious desserts. Great value and excellent service make this a must for seekers of fine authentic Italian cuisine.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

After wasting six meals on mediocre and poor restaurants I was beginning to give up on this region for any decent food. Luckily the owner of our villa recommended this local eatery and she saved our holiday. Very deftly cooked local dishes that take quality produce and traditional regional dishes and cook them with skill and deftness found only in the best kitchens.

The owners are welcoming, friendly, attentive.
It is also a place to find a seriously good wine list at very reasonable prices. The I asked for a recommendation of a good barbaresco. He came back with a Basarin 2006 for €32 which would be £35 or more in a wine shop in UK.

The whole bill for three of us was only €115 including the above wine.

Simply superb. If you're in Recco (though try not to be) this is the only place to eat.

I would make a special journey to eat here away from the masses of over priced badly cooked food on the coast.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed June 22, 2017

Good ligurian food elaborated with originality. Large option of wines. Good service in a typical old building with many ancient tools on the walls.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed January 14, 2017 via mobile

I can't count how many times in 5 years my husband and I have eaten here, food always beyond wonderful!!! I recommend the Torta Ciocolatina, it is just to die for but leave some for me!!!! Staff are so lovely and kind, and their food is the best!!!!

Date of visit: September 2016