Batu Karang Lembongan Resort & Day Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Oka7 Bungalow(Nusa Lembongan)
View Hotel
Playgrounds Wave Lodge(Nusa Lembongan)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Exotic Inn Lembongan(Nusa Lembongan)
The ROMPOK(Nusa Lembongan)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Bay Shore Huts(Nusa Lembongan)
View Hotel
Two Fish Divers Resort(Nusa Lembongan)
View Hotel
All reviewsdeck barsuperior villaour honeymoonoutdoor shower and bathbowl of goodnessmiddle poolbuggy servicegolf buggylower poolamazing viewscaptain nemopure blissmain islandmount agungother placesplunge poolstaff were fantastic
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Generally, if we can't say positive stuff, we try to say very little ....

But .... this hotel was truly over-rated and far to expensive for what they delivered us ($800 ++ for 2 pretty average rooms)

For the same price we could/should have rented the most expensive (and expansive) private luxury villas on the island.
The rooms smelt mouldy, there was no living room with a view, food was pretty average to be honest (try Indiana's and Linda's instead), limited toiletries, spa ridiculously overpriced (400% more expensive than Organic Spa and the reflexology spa's 100 metres away). We had a complimentary breakfast, but they had the cheek to charge us for water! Unbelievable ....
I expressed my concerns politely to senior management and offered them an opportunity to respond with explanations/excuses or perhaps consider a modest discount to better reflect the real value (both offers declined by the management).
Recommend you only stay here if paying $300 for their very best room, and $220 for the typical rooms (otherwise you will also leave feeling quite ripped off).
The island is lovely and the views from these types of hotels is great overlooking Mt Agung.
Please also ask around for Made ... With blue Dolphin boat for a fantastic snorkel trip over his 3 best spots scattered around the island ... to see different corals and a wide variety of fish (total boat cost for half day is $70 - tell him 'little' Tony from Perth has sent you!)

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TrueAussieBattler
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My boyfriend and i have just returned from Bali where we stayed at Batu Karang in a one bedroom suite for three nights. The hotel is just incredible, could not fault it. The staff always greeted you with a smile and were always willing to assist in whatever we needed, the room was unlike anything i've ever seen from the bathroom to the views and decor, the breakfast was fantastic whichever out of the 10 or so options you had and the location couldn't have been more perfect with views spanning the entire playgrounds and Bali as the backdrop. I will without a doubt be returning to Batu Karang.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Samantha_Stitt
Reviewed November 22, 2012

My girlfriend and I had the pleasure of staying in a double room here for two night at the end of october 2012. This was our first time staying here and from our experience we will be returning. The resort lives up to its reputation as been the best on Lembongan, and it may very well be one of the best value luxury resorts in Indonesia. There are not many other places of this quality which look directly over world class surf breaks,a tropical island and a scenic volcano in the background.

When me made the booking we requested several times we wanted a room with a good view. This was met, and i think both the double rooms have the same view. The view from our room, perched high on the slope, was vast. If you surf you can pretty much see all the breaks from lying in bed when the curtains are open. The only exception is a small bit of greenery partially blocks the view to playgrounds, but this isn't a problem as you can walk 20metres down slope and see it all. My tip is to have binoculars if you want to get a better sight of shipwrecks, which is some distance down the reef. The room itself was good, but the real praise goes to the open air bathroom at the rear. Outstanding! I could hang out there for a long time.

The food at this place was amazing. My advice is to try the Indonesian banquet for dinner. Probably one of the best eat out meals i have ever had! Just one thing I wan't to pass onto the management: the banquet dish which it comes in is too high above the table! I am not a short person but it was pretty awkward trying to sit and reach into the dish from the table and I couldnt really see what I was grabbing. We also had lunches and breakfasts here which were all top quality. The staff who we dealth with in ordering the food were always friendly, and the reception staff were also very quick to offer us the buggy service everytime we were leaving the restaurant for our room.

The whole design of the resort looks like it works very well and a lot of thought and planning has obviously gone into it. The use of trees and plants throughout is striking. They have been used in a way which not only makes the resort feel very green, but also they add privacy to the villas and rooms by creating natural breaks.I am interested to ask the owner if he can tell me who was in charge of the tree and plant selection used here, and where were they sourced from?

When we checked out we left our luggage and returned the next day to collect it and spent time in the day room. While waiting for the boat we had access to a lounge room and showers, and when we were ready to leave porters carried our bags to the boat. All of this worked very well, and we never had any problems logistically with any part of our stay.

Overall we wanted a touch of luxury during our two week trip to indonesia and we found it at this resort. Highly recommended and good value for money. See my photos added. Thanks.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed here at the end of our tour of Bali and the islands as a treat after having stayed on a budget for the previous few weeks.

The place is amazing, views right over playgrounds, and a short walk down to the beach.

Our room was out of this world, with a huge bed, outdoor style bathroom, and a really fantastic terrace with a day bed to lounge around on post surf.

The resort has two pools with the top one right behind our room which we rarely saw anyone in apart from ourselves. We particularly enjoyed the swim up bar in this one. The other was down the hill by the main bar and restaurant and was a infinity style pool, again taking advantage of the view.

We ate in the restaurant and the food was great. Both food and drinks were expensive for Bali, but to be expected in this kind of place.

Service was wonderful, we were met of the boat and had our luggage carried to the room. They even had golf carts to shuttle you to and from your room as the whole place is staggered up a huge hill. We found this novel at first, but ultimately unnecessary for us.

Would make a wonderful place for a honeymoon or for a couple escaping the Bali tourist scene for a few nights. Would love to make it back one day if we ever have the money....

Room Tip: Had a superior villa I think and was well worth the money!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one week while we went diving. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Staff were attentive and friendly and helpful. We never had to wait for more than a few minutes for a cart to take us to our room. The food at the restaurant was very tasty, though slightly unvaried. That said, the island is small and it's easy to find another place to eat if you want a bit of a change. The coffee was truly excellent. It was my husband's birthday while we were there, and the staff surprised him with a piece of cake and sang 'happy birthday' to him - that was a nice touch that was unexpected but appreciated. The pools were lovely and clean and we nearly always had them to ourselves. I had a Balinese massage at the spa that I thoroughly enjoyed as well. I would happily stay here again, and would most definitely recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple