Batu Karang Lembongan Resort & Day Spa
Lembongan Cliff Villas(Nusa Lembongan)
$61
Lembongan Harmony Villas(Nusa Lembongan)
$158
Indiana Kenanga Villas(Nusa Lembongan)
$112
Bay Shore Huts(Nusa Lembongan)
$81
$77
Playgrounds Wave Lodge(Nusa Lembongan)
$83
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Song Lambung Beach Hut(Nusa Lembongan)
$56
$46
Agoda.com
Sunset Coin Lembongan(Nusa Lembongan)
$38
$224
$214
  • Breakfast included
Tarci Bungalow(Nusa Lembongan)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewsdeck barsuperior villaour honeymoonoutdoor shower and bathbowl of goodnessmiddle poolbuggy servicegolf buggylower poolamazing viewscaptain nemopure blissmain islandmount agungother placesplunge poolstaff were fantastic
Reviewed October 12, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed here for our honeymoon, and it is a holiday we will remember fondly for the rest of our lives! The resort is absolutely stunning, with brilliant facilities and amazing staff. The owner Alan is so accommodating and was so helpful to us during our stay. His son Troy (the manager) is equally as helpful and was gave us some great tips for things to do around the island.

The island itself is ok, though there is a not a great deal to do. If you are looking for a shopping trip action packed with activities then this is not the island for you. It is perfect however, for those looking to unwind and spend a few days doing 'not much at all'.

The water is beautiful, and I would definitely recommend a snorkelling trip out to the Mangroves, where we saw some beautiful fish and even a stingray. Whilst the view from the resort is stunning, you cannot swim directly in front of the resort due to the seaweed fields. This was not a problem though, as we enjoyed swimming in the pools just as much. Our snorkelling trip was arranged through the resort, as were our transfers to and from the resort, a driver and shopping trip back on the main island, and even a dinner reservation. The front desk staff were very helpful and would do absolutely everything they could to accommodate your requests.

The resort facilities were wonderful, with three different pools to choose from, a restaurant and bar, day spa and internet lounge area. We just loved lazing by the pools and the hardest decision we had to make every day was which cocktail to choose!

The villas were just lovely and while it took me a while to get used to the idea of the shower being outside, I miss it now, being back at home! The attention to detail at this resort is impeccable, from the beautiful carved walls of the outside of the villa, to the flowers in your room, and the delicious smelling towels, they really don’t miss a beat. The staff work extremely hard to ensure their guests are happy.

The food at the resort was great, and fairly cheap by Western standards. There are also many local restaurants nearby which offer food at slightly cheaper prices, though drinks are much the same. Most of our trip was spent eating, drinking and lazing about, but that’s exactly what we wanted! We loved our Happy Hour drinks every afternoon at the Deck (5.00 – 6.30pm), and I miss the delicious strawberry daiquiris already!

We cannot thank the brilliant staff enough for making our honeymoon a wonderful and memorable experience. We will definitely be back and cannot wait to be sitting at Muntigs Restaurant having breakfast and staring out over the beautiful Bay, soaking in the beauty of Nusa Lembongan!

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a fantastic view, but if you want less of a walk, request a low numbered villa (1-6).
1  Thank MrsDiIanni
Reviewed October 12, 2011

There is not a single thing that I could fault about our stay.. The resort is amazing! The views are breathtaking and the staff welcomed us like family members.

The people who have written bad reviews must be absolutely impossible to please.. To say you would never come back and stay here is absolutely absurd. This resort is paradise a true sanctuary.

The management of this resort is of an extremely high standard as is the service from the wonderful staff.

I loved every minute of staying here and am already planning a trip back.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I was recently lucky enough to discover what I believe to be the nicest Island hotel escape I could hope to find.
Batu karang on the beautiful island of Nusa Lembongin offered everything I could ever ask for.
It was quite incredible to find such professional staff, services and amenities on what could be called a remote and still primitive Island. I found this so nice to be able to explore the tradition of the Lembongin villages, and be immersed in the local daily activities and restaurants, Then be able to return to such an oasis of a hotel.
With views to die for, spotless rooms with the most luxurious yet traditional fixings and designs, Amazing restaurant that employs all local staff to support the nearby villages, an amazing in house day spa and gymnasium, the pool bar, clean water, and have to mention the deck cafe that I think is new and has some awesome food and cocktails right on the water, Had some amazing after surf burgers! I could really go on and on.
If you are looking for an escape from the mainland, somewhere to find world class surf breaks right at the doorstep, snorkeling, romantic getaway, wedding, somewhere for the kids, whatever it is I would recommend Batu Karang every time.
The managers are also very helpful, with a huge knowledge of the surrounding areas and gave me so many great inside hints for my onward travels.
Go and enjoy you will not be disapointed. And the indoor outdoor rainhead showers are my favourite.

loggins.

Room Tip: A room high on the hill if you want views or lower down for quick access to the restaurant and beach. Buggy pickup is very good.
Reviewed October 10, 2011

My husband and I got the "Just enough" deal where we stayed in a one room villa, snorkeled, free one hour spa treatment for both of us, and some drinks and more. The staff there made everything so easy for us. We did a second snorkeling trip, rented a motorbike, and got reservations plus a free ride to a nice local restaurant--and they never once let us down! The bed turn-down and air conditioned room in the afternoon was awesome after spending all day in the sun and the little extra touches (flowers!) were great. I spent a lot of time in that spa and I can vouch for those ladies--they are good!
Breakfast was tasty and the afternoon tea on the deck was superbly done. I wish the restaurant upstairs and the deck one combined a little bit more--one served great tea and the other scones. I couldn't get them at the same time! And there is some wildlife there (I think a gecko took a liking to our room one night as he played in the thatch roof) and the tv isn't that great but I didn't go there to watch tv. Other than that, I really can't think of any downsides to our stay there. It was a perfect 2nd honeymoon!

Room Tip: If you have kids or are older opt for a room closer to the bottom of the hill. But they do offer car service to get you up the hill if need be.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We booked to stay at Lombongan after some friends of ours had an awesome holiday last year. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the views are just stunning!

We stayed in one of the standard villas which we were incredibly happy with. The Room was spacious with the bed facing out over the ocean. There was a huge balcony and the bathroom was just amazing - outdoors with an awesome bath and one of the best showers ever (views and a huge sunflower shower head). The room was always beautifully cleaned and was done twice per day.

The resort itself was beautifully maintained and given the steepness of the location, buggies were available almost anytime you wanted to take you around the resort - although after lazing around it was the last thing we needed! Breakfast was always lovely and the food great with probably the best views on the entire island. We had dinner there one night and the laksa was amazing but we weren't overly happy with the fish that we had. With my husband being a chef sometimes we expect a little more and to be honest the food was still lovely and I certainly wouldn't have any complaints as such in this regard!

We did find that the alcohol was a small issue - there was no red wine available when we had dinner, there was no gin whilst we stayed there and one of the days we wanted a cocktail by the pool which we were told we couldn't have. We found this quite bizaar and had the impression that they were awaiting a particular licence from the mainland although staff were never quite sure! To be honest this would be our only issue with the resort and probably something that was out of their control. It was not an issue for us but it was a little annoying at the time.

The staff were always friendly and their service was very good. The island is the perfect getaway and so very different from Bali. We fell in love with Lombongan and we can't wait to go back! The island seemed quiet and there were more Europeans staying there (in other resorts) so if you like nightlife and partying then definately choose your seasons! We found it to be very relaxing and suited everything that we needed to address stressful home lives.

If you like fancy food - then definately go to Indiana Restaurant otherwise The Beach Club is amazing with it's own pool and overlooks a beautiful beach. Both will collect you from your hotel and drop you off if you pre-arrange. Mushroom beach was a beautiful beach to laze about and hiring a scooter to check out the rest of the island was a really good option especially to experience a bit more culture. I have not snorkelled very much before but the coral is amazing and it was so much fun to do - although the currents are quite strong so you have to be careful!

Amazing island, amazing holiday and amazing resort - we'll be back soon!

Room Tip: The standard rooms are just beautiful & we were incredibly happy. There is internet but the service is from the main land so it wasn't working during our stay due to problems - but hey sometimes that just means you have no option but to relax and live without internet!
1  Thank SJRPerth